Weiss rating results = Ada in top 5

Weiss ratings, an independent financial rating company, has entered the crypto space and released their first ever Crypto rankings.
Assuming the reports I have seen are real (there were some fake ones floating around earlier) - here are the results:

1 - No currency got an A rating
2 - Ada got a B-.
Only 5 received a B (Ada, EOS, NEO, Steem, Ethereum).

3 - All of the other 74 were either C or D rated. (RaiBlocks ©, Ripple ©, LiteCoin (C+), BitCoin (C+), BitCoin Cash (C-)).

That puts ADA in the top 5 of their rankings and bodes very well for the future!

2 Likes

BS rating. Eos is just an erc20 token - no mainnet! Steem better than Bitcoin :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Come on - Bitcoin Gets C+ (“Fair”)

Still I get it:
“Bitcoin (rated C+) gets excellent scores for security and widespread adoption. But it is encountering major network bottlenecks, causing delays and high transactions costs. Despite intense ongoing efforts that are achieving some initial success, Bitcoin has no immediate mechanism for promptly upgrading its software code.”

First time I heard about this company was last week when a few new users and anons started to generate some hype about this rating in the cryptocurrency community… I don’t think they have any idea of what they are talking about.

1 Like

Did you have to pay to get the full list or is it posted publicly? I would love to get a better feel for the methodology.

But blockchain, they now rate the blockchain, you know the blockchain right?
It is a block and chains that together make it a blockchain.
Blockchain makes the blockchain so much more than a block of chains it makes it the blockchain of blockchains!

3 Likes

Agreed. Their website is solely designed to (almost aggressively) incite people to subscribe and become a member, promising better returns etc etc… I couldn’t find their methodology to build these ratings or any kind of scientific approach. And the famous full list only exists on Twitter screenshots, apparently you have to pay to see it, all you are given is a useless article.

I just wasted 10mn to come to the conclusion it is a red flag for me.