Where can I find reliable information about pool updates?

I noticed that pool updates related to owners, pledge, margin, fix cost take longer to become effective than simple delegation changes. It seems that it takes at least one more epoch to become effective.

For example, when I add an owner it shows up almost immediately in the owner list, but does it already count for pools pledge?

A) When I add an owner can I increase pledge at the same time?
B) Can I remove an existing owner at the same time as I add a new owner (provided pledge is met)?
C) I know that pledge is checked before payout. When exactly does that happen?
D) I assume that pledge is a property of the pool and not of a particular owner, right?

Is there perhaps a section in some spec that describes this?

Pledge or delegation is the same thing… it will take 2 epochs to become active (as stake)

A) When I add an owner can I increase pledge at the same time?

Yes, it will be updated imediatly on adapools.org, pooltool.io but effective will become active as stake after 2 epochs

B) Can I remove an existing owner at the same time as I add a new owner (provided pledge is met)?

Before to withdraw/remove the pledge you will need to wait 2 epochs after pledge modification

For eg if u have 2000 ADA pledged and u will want to decrease to 1500 ADA, you will need to send a new certificate with the nee pledge declared… and after 2 epochs you will safetly withdraw 500 ADA (if u will withdraw earlier u will have the pledge not met error)

C) I know that pledge is checked before payout. When exactly does that happen?

I think, but I am not sure, when the epoch change (when the rewards are paid)

D) I assume that pledge is a property of the pool and not of a particular owner, right?

Pledge is the delegation of the Pool Operator/owner

Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks @Alexd1985, du you have a pointer to the spec about this?

• Lets say I have one owner with a pledge of 100k
  • In epoch N I remove that owner and add two others with 50k each

What happens?

A) Nothing, because the pledge is always met
B) You loose rewards, because when pledge is checked in N+1 the old owner is gone but the new ones are not active yet
C) The spec sais …

The answer is B, you can’t remove/withdraw the pledge imediatly even u will have new wallets to complete the pledge

ADAPool indicates 3 epochs for pool updates to become effective. If that is correct, it would mean …

1. Add the two new owners in N
  2. Remove the old owner in N+3

Correct?

U can withdraw/remove the pledge after 2 snapshots