Who all here has successfully minted a coin so far, what did you mint?

What did you mint?

I just minted a test token (Cardano TokenTool - The most comprehensive token statistics for Cardano on the web.) to use for testing out a blockchain development project I am working on. I saw that I was not alone to pick that test name though…

1 Like

Just some test tokens with time limits: minting allowed for the first 24 hours and then no minting/burning for 400 days: Policy 26958193370c7c03056e2502325a9a824c62d67d7723aa15c24536a1 - Cardanoscan with an IPFS link in the minting transaction’s metadata to the monetary policy script https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmWjB5UmPeCW6mAimfRLWQS5VGMyXAuEuPsDwVw8KsJtbq. I verified that I get a ScriptWitnessNotValidatingUTXOW error if I try to mint new ones or destroy old ones after the first 24 hours.

I’m working on Haskell code to automate the minting process, so I don’t need to use the cardano-cli tool.

2 Likes

Very cool!!! Congrats on successfully minting one to both of you! :slightly_smiling_face:

I am still trying to figure it all out.

1 Like

took me a couple days of trial and error and made “helloworld” tokens :joy:

@bwbush that’s cool :ok_hand: I wasn’t aware of the monetary policy scripts ! going to test it out soon.

I minted a coin just for fun and my friend chose the name :

1 Like