Will ADA Whales Ever Give Up Their Power?

At >240 posts that is a big ask!

You’re right but if it’s really a whale (just to be clear I really like whales acting like Gates, Musk or Chen Xiaoyuan ) he could just pick out some parts and give a partial feedback

Are you bad? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Do you believe the Cardano whales sold off??

There are more whales coming BTW -

They will come in waves and take crypto into the trillions. This will make some people upset, they will feel the grassroots movement is dead, simply because, it did not happen the exact way THEY IMAGINED IT!

Yet, these whales can signal in mass adoption! People who are not thinking crypto will suddenly have a choice thrust upon them when the whales raise the market cap toward 3-5% of total global money.

The private investors are the majority in the end . . . If they stay in.

If they leave because of the presence of whales, then the whales will gain market dominence just like the commodities markets, stock markets, bond markets, exc.

Peeps need to remain hopeful, and push a positive message

I believe if when that day came, people will just leave Ada.

Whales need us, and we need whales.

Hopefully that we have smart whales :slight_smile:

I don’t care about whales in this instance. They come and go. There is great intrinsic value in the platform already.

ADA must go forward into the future, accelerate development and take it’s rightful place in the global crypto space. Whoever the whales are, I would venture most of them really see the future value of the Cardano network and are in it for the long run. I am. There is FUD everywhere. As more fiat schemes fail, good cryptos with broad and strong applications will rule the day. I must put my faith in the Cardano team to do what they said they would do.

For you Clif High folks, ADA ranked a good mention recently.

4 Likes

Right On Al!!! Good Word Bro!

2 Likes

Technically “currency” is used in commerce and is legal tender. It would be more appropriate to call ADA “money” or a digital commodity.

Adafans_IO you consistently result to Ad Hominem in these threads and you have done it with me as well and with respect I have had to check you several times. I got so frustrated with you that I had to take a break from these forums. ADALove has posed questions that require deep thought and should be asked of the Cardano team as a community. If ADALove left this community I can tell you personally we would be lesser. I’ve put over $100k into this venture and it’s not big money but i swear to God i won’t have anyone calling me a commie especially with how many friends I have personally lost in the military. I’m asking you out of respect to keep it civil or I will make it a personal request of this whole community to put your statements up for review and a potential ban. You have intelligent responses but then you litter it with personal attacks. Use logic and reason and of course it’s okay to disagree.

communism = a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs.

and commie is a short word for ppl who belive/like/support this theory - Freedom of speech is still valid here, yea?

if you or others fail to see the obvious anti-cardano agenda of adalove - you are all doomed

Thank you for your thoughtful comments, @saline09. I posted some irrefutable evidence of the ADA concentration problem in response to this other recent thread: Don’t fear the ADA Whales - #7 by ADALove

The reason that nasty troll constantly resorts to ad hominem attacks is because she is trapped in an ideological box, which prevents her from seeing nuance and texture in other people’s perspectives. Her ideological box will cause her world view to shatter one day when she finally realizes how her ideological box has blinded her to some fundamental realities in economics, sociology, and crypto politics.

To be clear, I have not abandoned the community; I’m just spending most of my discretionary time these days working on ideas to reduce the adverse impact of the ADA concentration problem. I don’t care what the nasty troll says; these problems are real, they will not go away, and they will prevent ADA from being a viable crypto for global commerce, which is obvious to anybody who views the evidence that I succinctly presented at the link above.

1 Like

Your attempt to fork cardano will fail. People are not stupid as you hope!

Based on my experience, I would say that we the people are not as smart as we think we are.:slight_smile:

1 Like

As I’ve said several times already, I have no interest in forking, but if the ADA concentration issue is not resolved eventually, then obviously forking will be an option. If that day ever comes, you will say, “See, I told you!” but all you will “see” is the natural progression of a community seeking philosophical equilibrium, not some sinister plot.

Regardless, Charles has already predicted there would be a fork in one of his interviews because he understands every project experiences philosophical debates that naturally lead to forks. You can continue pretending this is a sinister plot or you can escape your ideological prison and take other people’s concerns seriously.

No human would invest as much time and energy trying to persuade the team to resolve these issues as I have if I did not have the best intentions. You can disagree with my philosophy, but you cannot legitimately question my intentions.

you should be banned ASAP - this is a blunt attack on Cardano and its ecosystem

Any admins reading this? @tom.kelly

1 Like

any open source project can be forked, so he didn’t “predict” it - can you post the video so we see it?

I disagree with pretty much everything @ADALove stands for, and know ADA would be a disaster if she got her wish… Even if the intentions are at the right place. Apart from that, this is out of line… I mean she aint getting banned… and why would she… I dont really see your point in it being an attack.

Charles is a libertarian himself, and he knows he has to put in a lot of protective matters in (he has already said this) to protect against a lot of what @ADALove stands for - and I am confident he will do his job, and that it will work far into the future. I think eventually we will lose the battle, as always… But there will be other places for us.

1 Like

This is the official cardano forum. He is using the “freedom of speech” theory to FUD our community. He literally wants to fork cardano if the big holders dont sell out … this kind of stuff should not be tolerated here - he can post his fork dreams on his own platform, not on Cardano’s!

1 Like

I am all for banning a presentation/promoting of a fork on the official forum, if a fork is presented, but as it is now there is none. Although people should be free to talk or fork other places, gl with maintaining it, since IOHK has all the haskell developers.

and also we can dump all our forked coins anyway, so who cares.