XXX The Voice of the Community on the Cardano Foundation Board XXX

i apologize, it is not my intent to minimize it to just difference of opinion, but i speak from the heart when i say i see lack of Respect and Kindness on all sides. So yes, i agree it should be about integrity, honesty but it should also have everything to do with RESPECT AND KINDNESS :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“meaningless” ?!

It’s very informative you judge the feelings and opinions of more than a dozen people, “meaningless” !

That’s quite a self-righteous bomb Magnus. As I stated before, you don’t know what you don’t know, unfortunately, you can’t see appreciate your void.

I respect what Cardano stands for, and the potential it embodies as created by all who labor to support and protect its tenets.

Respect and honesty is not the expense of candor and frankness. You seem to suggest I have been disrespectful and unkind. I am sorry if you feel so
 and I disagree.

We need more individuals to capture the moral ground, who can’t be intimidated or bamboozled by triple-speak and facade. I predict we shall experience extremely difficult challenges from global ‘legacy’ government/financial structures that have billions of eurodollars in reserve, who do not answer to nation’s military. If we are to prevail, the Cardano Nation must be strong, must be unified in vision, and very importantly must be capable of swift action.

I know the probability of Cardano’s success is greatly reduced if we have created within the Cardano Nation, the same centralized governance model blockchain technology is believed capable of defeating.

For me, this is an unacceptable situational irony.

I thought Cardano is about liquid democracy?? Which is about delegation and representative. When did it become pure democracy?? Did i get anything wrong?? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Mate,

Quoting lies from other people, taking sentences out of context and adding new interpretation around it is so inappropriate, manipulative and cheap :slight_smile:

You are strategically trying to kill off this thread and deviate it away from its purpose, by making it personal and force us debate about other things.

You are not arguing the main questions here, just trolling the thread.

This is a systematic job and quite obvious one. As said you are pushing an interest from some of the exGuardians who have not joined this initiative and tried to discredit me. Your anonymity, your history of exclusively replying to my threads with personal attacks and the effort you put into this is extremely suspicious and feels to be orchestrated.

Please let’s stick to this question for a constructive debate:

Shall the Community elect its representatives from the Community or shall the Board appoint them from
the exGuardians for the Cardano Foundation Board?

2 Likes

Change title the voice of the few not community
peace world don’t push your self to hard might hit hard in to wall and comeback for you get hard
we have individual voice and opinion but then don’t assume your’s same to mine and to other’s. Cardano Devs are not dumb 
wait until you become don’t insert your self to much liquid democracy is coming.

The title is to raise that the “The Voice of the Community” should be represented on the “Cardano Foundaiton Board”. The question which is put to debate is how? (See question in bold in my previous comment.)

The current title “xxx-the-voice-of-the-community-on-the-cardano-foundation-board-xxx” title is pretty accurate, no need to change it.

Please come with any constructive idea, recommendation or even criticism you have about this topic that is put to debate.

It’s incredible that 80% of the comments are not about the topic that is put to debate.

Many thanks :pray:

1 Like

Hope you are right and that we reach it as a stable community. In the meantime I dont see how asking to include more of the community instead of less is somewhat pushing my own or a small groups agenda. In fact that is what we are trying to avoid so the critisism is ironic. So far we have some who thinks Community should be more involved on CF board if there is a chance and some who dont. Thats ok as this is the community choice.

2 Likes

My 2 cents worth: In light of what has become apparent. The Community needs to elect its representatives from the Community. If the Guardians were still functioning as a unit i would have said let the community put forward names to the Guardians and then let the Guardians send their proposals through to the Cardano Foundation Board.

I do like the split of continents into zones/regions i.e. Africa = 2 representatives-Southern Africa and Northern Africa. Even if their is only one representative on the CF board at any given time their should be an option to co-op the representative of a specific zone onto the board at crucial times when dealing with issue’s or sourcing information that could be of benefit to Cardano.

2 Likes

We will because why we are here and being part of the community is to take part for the good in cardano protocol and the community we are the backbone to support the development in the long run after the three entities deliver decentralization, tresury,smart contract and other future in cardano protocol but before that we wait to layout the governance for cardano dev wait for that the election period is not starting.

I’m the kind of guy who will say to your face anything said otherwise. So, I’ll make you an offer you evidently can’t refuse. In fact, according to your statements, this will be the fastest easiest money you have ever not earned. You’d have to be crazy not to take it
or a fraud. Which one is it?

1. Legal Jurisdiction governing all matters described below shall be within the United States of America.
  2. I retain sole discretion of below described Trust Document(s) terms and conditions.

If as you claim, I am a former Cardano Guardian or an official member of any cabal charged with “discrediting you”, or have had any dealings with you external to this forum, upon authenticating any and all Demonstrative Evidence in support of such claims: I hereby warrant: I will deposit the equivalent of 500,000.00USD in Trust for the exclusive benefit of the Cardano Nation, and an additional 100,000.00USD in Trust for the exclusive benefit of your Dependent Children you claim to support, within 60 days after authenticating the above mentioned claims IF the person otherwise known as Bertalan Vecsei (claimant) whose true/actual identity will be verified prior, and/or his/her assigns, agents, affiliates or similar (Related Parties) either as evidenced by law or intent, warrants that Claimant and Related Parties will divest themselves of any and all interest and/or involment of any kind in, including but not limited to : Cardano ADA cryptocurrency, any and all schemes involving Cardano Stake Pools, Cardano at large, any and all Cardano Communities formal and/or informal, Cardano Foundation, Emergo, IOHK, and that deemed similar.

Also, I encourage you to be advised of the following:

1. The German Law of Libel and Slander is governed by Sections 185 up to 200 of the German Criminal Code. Sanctions involve imprisonment ranging from three (3) months to five (5) years, plus a fine. The conditions in the United States are : 1 - To have published or otherwise broadcast an unprivileged, false statement of fact. 2 - To have caused material harm by publishing or broadcasting said false statement of fact. 3 - To have acted either negligently or with actual malice.

2. Demonstrative Evidence is a legal standard, one which you well know you can not meet with reference to your above allegations and previously committed allegations with reference to me. It would be prudent for you to assume the country of your residency - Germany - will not afford you any domain protection whatsoever.

2 Likes

Wow
how easy money to grab on
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Shall the Community elect its representatives from the Community or shall the Board appoint them from
the exGuardians for the Cardano Foundation Board?

1 Like

5 Likes

Sounds like group politics to me. I would prefer more individual approach. Why not both? I would prefer CF to both have someone voted in from the community AND maybe appointed someone else. Whether they are “exGuardians” or not is not of my concern, I would appreciate if they are good people.

Individual approach always wins. For example - I wouldn’t want them to appoint you. Whether you ever were a “guardian” or not.

UPD:

Discaimer

All expressed opinions are my own. My statements don’t represent “Emurgo opinion” (if there’s even such a thing at all) in any way. I’m a developer and the whole point of the badge is so that people don’t think I’m a scammer when I ask them to send me logs.

6 Likes

Ruslan, having Emurgo stepping into this discussion that promotes a bottom-up movement is maybe not the best idea.

If you would have read the entire thread I have clearly written I have zero interest in being a representative on the Board and revoked my application so I may promote this movement. You could have also read what is my incentive to do so.

The only group politics here is that being exposed to some of the exGuardians motives & morals I do feel we have much stronger and better fit candidates in the wide Community.

Of course until an exGuardian is not appointed as a representative of the Community, but for his individual qualities you can always have both.

1 Like

There’s no Emurgo in this discussion, I always express only my own opinions and clearly say “I would prefer something” or “I would do something”. You are the first to mention it having to do anything with Emurgo. Again
 individual approach is better. Stop seeing people as being a spoke-person for some group. I was a community member long before Emurgo. And (surprisingly) people might have their own opinions, outside of group interest.

I have read it, and I fully support your decision to revoke your candidacy. Way to go! Have full right to do so. And I agree that it will be good for everyone.

Doesn’t mean any other person can’t participate if they wish so :wink: Haven’t seen yet where does it say that you can revoke their candidacy for someone else.

5 Likes

This topic is not about me.

And people keep coming into the thread and make it personal instead of focusing on the proposed bottom-up movement. This is really worrying.

When you have an Emurgo logo on your profile picture, you have a title as Emurgo Team and you are a key public figure of Emurgo then you do represent Emurgo in the Cardano social media channels and there is no such thing as individual opinion in such context.

1 Like

I am not revoking other candidacies of course :slight_smile:

What I am challenging is whether Community representatives should be picked by the Board or rather be elected by the Community itself.

This is a pretty reasonable topic I hope.

yah
just do your part for community
thanks dude.

2 Likes