Should I be worried?
Well after I followed a Forum post on how to use my Flash Hard Drive (see below), Deadalus has been slow to reconnect to the network. Moreover, after I connected my wallet the balance and transaction history are 0. Any thoughts?
Transactions are visible Cardano Explorer
- Download Daedalus wallet and wait for it to fully sync on your PC. Once fully up to date close this.
- Run cmd prompt on your PC → To do this click the windows icon at the bottom and type “cmd” (without the speech marks). This works in Windows 10. You may have to look up how to do this in other versions.
- Next, go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming folder on your PC. You should see a folder named ‘Daedalus’. This contains all of your wallet info and blockchain data.
- Cut and paste (don’t just copy) the ‘Daedalus’ folder into the next hard drive/flash drive that you want to store it on. For me this was my D:\ drive.
- Now, go back to the command prompt and type in
mklink /J C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Daedalus D:\Daedalus
This will link the Daeldalus folder that was copied to the new hard drive and create a new one in the roaming folder (where the original was).
- Finally, close command prompt and open the Daedalus wallet to check it works.
I have completed this with my wallet and it all works fine. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.