0 Transactions 0 Ada after I moved Deadalus C: Drive to a Flash Hard Drive

Should I be worried?

Well after I followed a Forum post on how to use my Flash Hard Drive (see below), Deadalus has been slow to reconnect to the network. Moreover, after I connected my wallet the balance and transaction history are 0. Any thoughts?

Transactions are visible Cardano Explorer

Instructions

1. Download Daedalus wallet and wait for it to fully sync on your PC. Once fully up to date close this.
  2. Run cmd prompt on your PC → To do this click the windows icon at the bottom and type “cmd” (without the speech marks). This works in Windows 10. You may have to look up how to do this in other versions.
  3. Next, go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming folder on your PC. You should see a folder named ‘Daedalus’. This contains all of your wallet info and blockchain data.
  4. Cut and paste (don’t just copy) the ‘Daedalus’ folder into the next hard drive/flash drive that you want to store it on. For me this was my D:\ drive.
  5. Now, go back to the command prompt and type in

mklink /J C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Daedalus D:\Daedalus

This will link the Daeldalus folder that was copied to the new hard drive and create a new one in the roaming folder (where the original was).

1. Finally, close command prompt and open the Daedalus wallet to check it works.

I have completed this with my wallet and it all works fine. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

From

https://forum.cardano.org/t/storing-the-cardano-blockchain-on-another-hard-drive-flash-drive/3699

The file you cut holds all the info about your transactions and balance, This probably means that you either:

1. Didn’t Cut and Paste properly
    -or
  2. You didn’t create a correct junction with /J
    -or
  3. You changed/ moved /renamed/ copied “Daedalus” file after creating that junction, thus destroying the junction.

I would check 2 first. Check if your drive that you placed it on is actually called D: … If you just cut and paste that command and your flash drive is actually called something different, like F: then junction points to nothing.

Make sure the flash drive is on the same machine. /J can only create junction on the same computer, so if you are accessing that drive via network or blue tooth the junction will point to nothing.

Hope this helps :smiley: