ADA not recognized that much

Proud of the second amendment. Proud gun owner. Doesn’t mean we go around shooting people. It means we defend our homes and the people inside.

Why do you believe that? I’m ok with where I live, it’s a good place. There is no country that is perfectly governed.

Nope don’t want that to happen, but can’t help but see it turning out that way. We are entering a world wide depression caused by staggering debt. By the time the economy would normally cycle back out of the recession/depression (~ 5 years) we will be experiencing such extreme climate change that the stress put on the economy will prevent it from ever bouncing back.

Over the next 20 years the human species will experience suffering on a unprecedented level. Society will collapse. Yes even in the U.S… ESPECIALLY in the U.S. Starving people and guns are an interesting combination.

1 Like

Start building your bunker.New Zealand is the best place.

I’ve got my eye on central British Columbia, Canada.

I’ve built my shelter on the other side of the flat earth. I can see bottoms of the giant elephants from there.

I see a lot of survivalists here in the US… at least on TV. They tend to stock up on canned food and guns :slight_smile:

And they build concrete fortresses. I often wonder where do they get the money to do that? It may all be part of the show…

Some people prep for apocalypse, some buy crypto. It’s good to have something exciting in your life :smiley:

1 Like

The apocalypse doesnt seem that bad compared to buying crypto.

The apocalyptic scenario you are describing is

1. Not new. Many have talked about the end of society as we know it since the beginning of the cold war. If anything, we are collectively living in much better times. Crimes rates have been declining and more of the world’s population is enjoying higher standards of living.

2. More importantly: If your scenario does come to be i.e. society collapses, our crypto holdings will be completely useless LOL. No access to electricity/network = no connectivity. Better to buy actual gold, silver, etc…

But seriously. Like generations before, we will collectively learn to adapt and solve important and pressing issues to move forward. The key is not to throw our hands up in the air and talk of gloom and impending doom, but rather to proactively and positively contribute (i.e. do your part) to the betterment of our society. Some have been seriously prepping for a nuclear holocaust for the last 40+ years. Perhaps their precious time/effort/money should have been spent on more constructive and pressing causes in society?

1 Like

The timing has to be pretty good on this. A person would use their crypto to acquire resources and be fully self sufficient before the entire system collapsed.

I have a small amount of silver for the end. Will probably buy more.

My strategy. Buy crypto, wait for moon, sell crypto for fiat, acquire tangible assets (house, gold, land). Become a farmer like Thanos.

So Michael, for example, l assume a lot of ADA holders are waiting for kind of milestone prices like $1/2/5/10 to cash in.But maybe so many sellers the price drops.Would you try to accumulate more ADA to say sell at $4.30 instead of $5 to get a million,to avoid
this flood of sellers?

Nope. Ada has limited course in my view. JPM coming out with a coin, soon BofA, Wells Fargo. Banks won’t let a strategic competitor get too far out in front. They’ll offer things that aren’t readily available by current crypto’s such as 24 hour customer support, indurance, a brand name, government backing, etc, it’s only a matter of time that they build in capacity for smart contracts.

Ada although it is great takes a long time to get to market. That’s not good. Look at the volume on trading. It stinks. Demand is stable due to holders. Let’s get one thing straight. Based on the pattern of buying and selling, everyone, and I mean literally every hodler if Ada is hoping for a moon. Long term strategy… is wait got it to noon and get out.

I think that’s everyone’s game plan I think. And if it tanks, the early buyers will be able to sell at a small gain while others might break even.

Open source is great to a degree, but tell me this. Name one open source company with either more profit than the number proprietary software company or one open source company with more revenue or market cap than a proprietary market leader. Short answer, none,

Assuming legal liability and having proprietary code has its benefits. How do you differentiate a product from one that someone else can copy and all the R&D has been gone for them? You’ll get big but AAPL big. Nope.

Stop it man, I’ve only just moved out here :grimacing:

You do not need 24 hour customer support for a public blockchain (DAPPs & Cryptocurrency) platform. You might need that for a particular DAPP built on the platform, but that´s a different story.

Government backing is happening with public blockchains as well, it´s called regulations & compliance.

All the CBDCs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bank_Digital_Currency) and commercial bank digital currencies will NOT operate on a public Blockchain, but on their infrastructure, meaning it will never be truly decentralized. They will want to have & enforce certain centralized capabilities (like freezing of accounts, etc.). So they are not in the same autonomous, fully decentralized, independent, unstoppable league as Cardano. They will of course raise as valid solutions and be integrated with public blockchains & cryptos.

Regarding Smart Contract capability, well it will take a lot of time, unless they don´t copy-paste. Now this copy-paste is not trivial.

Ada takes as much time to the market as it requires. Not more and not less. There is an incredible speed of delivery for Cardano if you consider the Vision - Idea - Research Paper - Implementation cycle. Cardano is moving in lightning speed, which is also backed up by being one of the most developped Crypto Projects out there (according to git commits).

Volume on trading sinks, because you have lot of holders who realize the value of the venture. There is no new fresh money moving into the space yet (wait for institutional investment in a year or two) and there are no adapted high population use cases on Cardano yet.

I also believe there are many holders (including myself) who don´t want to exit their ADA holdings, but will keep staking for passive income and maybe use ADA whenver possible for purchasing goods & services. Basically transfer your monthly sallary to ADA and then use an ADA debit card to pay for everything. Of course the infrastructure is not yet there for this, but my hope is this pattern of community members.

Early buyers should sell, providing liquidity to the market. I am very happy that we have a lot of ADA whales who got in on low prices, as they will keep selling to new entires and keep the price on a good level.

Open Source is the way to go. If you want to build the next generation financial protocol / infrastructure then you can´t go proprietary. You have to open it up, so the management & maintenance of the protocol may be shared & continued together with the Community. It also gives the transparency required. So again peer reviewed scientific approach & open source is the only way you may accept a crypto protocol to be the de facto standard of the next generation financial stack.

Cardano is not an open source company. we are speaking about an entire new disruptive market, you can´t compare with anything else. You have to understand that the value of Cardano and the price of ADA will depend on the DAPPs Ecosystem built on it, the DAOs operating on top of it and whether it will be adopted as a global cryptocurrency. All the DAPPs might belong to profit oriented companies with proprietary sottware and it may easily happen that you will have some of these companies reacing the multibillion USD valuation at some point.

I wish good luck to anyone who will try to copy the code of Cardano. You might have the code, but not the knowledge & experience. So while you will be busy understanding the implementation. the original code will rapidly grow. Also note that the code is one thing, the development Community another one, which really brings the power. Finally let´s not forget Cardano is built in Haskell and that´s not an easy skill to find out there …

You have valid questions, but you need to spend a bit more time learning & educating yourself. Then if you are still worried, go back to the last sentence as you might have missed a point.

Mine as well. The goal is to become completely self-sufficient. I have one more step however: Buy more silver and gold after crypto moons.

At some point the question will be “what do I get out into?” The ADA economy may be it’s own sovereign entity one day.

This is all sort of apples and oranges. Digital assets are an entirely new asset class (that’s why they’re calling it “digital assets”). The smallest asset class (precious metals) has a 7 trillion market cap. There’s Nth degree room for growth in a new asset class. So we’re talking about revolutionary tech and infinite room for growth, and a shaky world fiat system. Perfect storm for the largest shift in wealth to ever occur, in the fastest amount of time.

I see Cardano as one of the most valuable projects in history. Value = more than $.

Just calling it as I see it.

Another group entering the fray?