After Configuring Network Topology. Just one incoming connection on relay

Good day,

I have just one incoming connection on my relay, after more than 24h. What can be the issue?

After Configuring Network Topology (coin cashew guide) what’s next, if I am on pre-prod testnet? Is setting up dashboard necessary?

Best regards,

No, the dashboard is just for monitoring, good, but not necessary.

If you’re doing the topology updated/announcer, it’ll take a while for other nodes to find you. Give it another day or so and you should get some more peers.

The key is to make sure your BP and relay are receiving (processing) transactions.

1 Like

Hey,

Thank you for your reply. I did Configuring Network Topology, last week, and i have still just 1 incoming connection.

How can i make sure my BP & Relay are receiving (processing) transactions?

Best regards,

Assuming you have mempool tracing on, then you will see the transactions count increase (top right of gLiveView)

1 Like

My gLiveView looks like this. Seems like i have 0 Tx

Screenshot from 2023-04-24 15-35-13

Hi,

I assume your pre-prod pools is with ticker “loop”. You configured private IP as your relay IP, that is a root cause why no other relays can connect to you:

3 Likes

Hi,

Thank you. How can i resolve this ?

Best regards,

You need to get peers coming in

What is the topology updated log showing?

1 Like

you need to resubmit your stake pool registration certificate, with correct IPs.

I didn’t use for a while topology updater, but I would assume you need to have proper config there too… I personally would not use topology updater anymore, especially on pre-prod where I suppose majority is running on p2p.

1 Like

The topology updated log, is that the topologyUpdater.sh file or is it topology.json, or where can i find this log?

Best regards,

What IP should i have in the stake pool registration certificate, the bp-server?

Best regards,

Your relay IP address. It’s the address that the rest of the network should connect to.

NOT your BP address. That is meant to be secret, only you should know that.

1 Like

Have a read here. It tells you more details about the updater and where to find the logs.

1 Like

I think that the relay IP adress is the one that I have in the in the certificate. I will make the certificate again.

Best regards,

The topologyUpdater.sh script, should I modify,
the command in anyway or should I just copy it?

Create the topologyUpdater.sh script which publishes your node information to a topology fetch list.

As per the Coincashew guide, you just need to copy it, give it permissions, add a crontab job and let it work.

Have you found the logs? That will tell you if it is working.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I found the way & I will look at the logs as soon as I am in front of the computer again.

$NODE_HOME/logs

1 Like

Thank you, i think it worked now. i see the msg: “nice to meet you”

Where can i see what IP i have registered in the stake pool registration certificate?

Best regards,

The topology log should give you the clientip in the same line as “nice to meet you”. Have a look at that and see if it is the same as what you put into your registration-certificate in this step Registering Your Stake Pool - CoinCashew

1 Like

As @os11k pointed out, it looks like you have registered your pool using your internal IP address, e.g. 192.168.0.XX

You’ll need to redo your registration certificate (see the link I included before), and make it the public relay address (needs to be a static address).

1 Like