Newly registered stake pool - topology question

Hello All,
I just registered my stake pool successfully. Following the CoinCashew guide I have a question about - “step 14 Configure your topology files” → is this step mandatory?

Hello,

Yes, at this step u will connect ur BP to relay and relay to the network!

Hello Alex,
my relay is already connected to the BP and the network, here is the mainnet-topology.json of the relay:

{
“Producers”: [
{
“addr”: “127.0.0.1”,
“port”: 6000,
“valency”: 1
},
{
“addr”: “relays-new.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io”,
“port”: 3001,
“valency”: 2
}
]
}

Do I still need topologyUpdate.sh to run ?

Thanks

only for your relay… because:

Since the test network has to get along without the P2P network module for the time being, it needs static topology files. This “TopologyUpdater” service, which is far from being perfect due to its centralization factor, is intended to be a temporary solution to allow everyone to activate their relay nodes without having to postpone and wait for manual topology completion requests.

The topologyupdater shell script must be executed on the relay node as a cronjob exactly every 60 minutes . After 4 consecutive requests (3 hours) the node is considered a new relay node in listed in the topology file. If the node is turned off, it’s automatically delisted after 3 hours.

1 Like

step 14 is required to connect your nodes to the mainnet, without this step your pool won’t be recognized by the rest of the network when it comes to validating blocks.

Alex gives you much more detail above :grinning:

1 Like

How often I need to fetch the topology to update the mainnet-topology.json file through the relay-topology_pull.sh?

Thanks

I suggest u to restart ur relay once/24 hours

1 Like