Airdrop Mechanism

I’m trying to find information about native token Airdrops. What is the mechanism?

For example, the user send 5 ADA to the wallet of the project and the smart contract will send you back (2.5 x Amount of ADA) of $NATIVETOKEN

Let’s imagine I have an arcade playground. You will need a “coin” in order to play a game in some machines. You as user should send ADA to a specific address. Then, you will receive (10 x ADA) $ARC token.

$ARC will be a native token of cardano and you as user have to play 1 ARC at the machine in order to play a game.

So, now, you are at home and your friend calls you and you decide to go to the Crypto Arcade. You send 2 ADAs to the arcade wallet and you receive the 20 ARC tokens.

Is there a simple mechanism for this or it needs a smart contract?How can you set this up?

Comment: I changed the question, I just trying to build something I’m not a scammer.

This is a common scam. Dont fall for it.

1 Like

WMT tokens have been distributed this summer in a public sale arranged over a period of many weeks, in which both all the purchasers & the company selling the tokens had many opportunities to confirm each other’s identity and other details of the sale. It was done before Cardano smart contracts became available, so it had to be arranged manually: but certainly with some automation to make sure everything went properly.

MELD will be distributed according the discrete integral of participating users’ stake in certain pools over time, which allows the MELD company to finance itself with most of the ADA those users would have gotten as staking rewards. It’s a different mechanism than the first one, but still a very carefully managed & auditable means for users to buy tokens.

These are two examples of legitimate crypto opportunities, and the only way to establish these are legitimate has been by time and dedicated research from those companies’ materials plus independent sources. If you research anyone giving away something for nothing, you won’t find that substance: and will often see instead that materials, quotes, images, and videos have been copied from legitimate sources and from other scammers.

Yes, the scammers like the 2-for-1 crypto deals could be using Cardano smart contracts. This is a separate question of whether or not something is a scam. Since WMT did its token generation without smart contracts — and MELD has decided to delay its token generation until some Cardano features are more robust, including smart contracts — you can’t judge based on that. Both these have required people to pay for the tokens in one way or another, while if you’re not paying for a token it’s generally worthless. If in doubt, do not send any crypto, especially when their offer is “too good to be true.”

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

I didn’t explain myself very well…

Let’s imagine I have an arcade playground. You will need a “coin” in order to play a game in some machines. You as user should send ADA to a specific address. Then, you will receive (10 x ADA) $ARC token.

$ARC will be a native token of cardano and you as user have to play 1 ARC at the machine in order to play a game.

So, now, you are at home and your friend calls you and you decide to go to the Crypto Arcade. You send 2 ADAs and you receive the 20 ARC tokens.

Does this mechanism need a smart contract? How can you set this up? Is there a simple way to do it? Thank you.

1 Like

I wanted to say “the smart contract will send you back (2.5xADA) of $NATIVETOKEN”

@Zyroxa this was inappropriately moved into the “Report a Scam” category after @hugomenz correctly posted it in the “Native Tokens” category. I believe this enquiry will get the response it deserves if it’s classified correctly.

2 Likes