All of my ADA is gone! 13,800 ADA gone in 2 transactions!

So thankful to everyone for the healthy discussion. I’ve learned a lot and really hope others will too. Though I thought I was being super safe, I made a rookie mistake by trusting the Google Play Store. I was temporarily blinded by excitement that a mobile wallet had finally come out. I’m saving up and slowly buying back MY ADA. I’ll get it, and then some, eventually!

I’m definitely a bit shy about it but since someone asked, I’ll post the new wallet address below. I’m guarding this one and will NOT fall victim to foolish scams. One day I’ll put kids through college with the new ADA. Best of luck to all of you and thanks again for the positive discussion re: my post. Cheers!

DdzFFzCqrhsx1QTYBUxKeNafmwn4M4J3bFApyZGQr3gjs5UCsaGqUCyE9FNc3QXNmnFFTdyrPzsgeZgouNtKHVUojus5KhqYiDdTdxxz

4 Likes

I AGREE WITH EVERY WORD SAID! PRAISE THA LAWD! Someone is seeing the same things I see wrong with crypto. All mah money gone in one shot. What a way to go out. 2FA would be nice to have.

Btw…what control exist at the sever or admin level to prevent someone from hacking the location(s) where Daedalus is stored? What if someone installs a bad version of Daedalus and users get the auto update which includes a bug allowing for the theft of their Ada?

I’m thinking bad actor, disgruntled employee, greedy employee, etc.

It’s an awful experience. Buy some now though and down the road you’ll bet better off. Use Trezor or something to safeguard it?

I can empathize with you. I lost 50,000 XLM.

When you say you lost it, what do you mean? In other words are you certain there is no solution? I’ve always been told your fine as long as you have your pin and pass code or Public Key and Private Key. Didn’t work out so well for me with XLM. XLM had a code change and then a hard fork. Between the two I was unable to re establish my connection to the crypto on the blockchain. It’s very important to stay on top of forks and code changes. I had the Daedalus wallet fail with some sort of a block failure which was recognized by the cardano system. We thought I had lost my ADA and that would have been an extraordinary bummer. I’m buying it for my Grand kids. I’ll never personally benefit from Cardano.The Tech support at Cardano was A+ superior. I was very impressed.

1 Like

I’ve never lost a single XLM, never had to update, nada. Probably because I keep it on the exchange where I shouldn’t and the amount is so small that I don’t even care. This is one of the main arguments against crypto is the need to repeatedly update. I’ve updated my wallet only when I receive a gift for a new one. Maybe once every four to five years. I bought one myself 10 years back and it’s still good to use today if I wanted. Hearing stories like this is disappointing.

When a dear ada member has trouble with wallet, or anything else i feel sick for them nobody wants to loose any ada from wallet i will freak out guys!!!.never never load something from Google play or other sites.only only iohk triple check it please!!!
I feel for you man
Cheers

1 Like

The people who had their Ada stolen downloaded a fake wallet app that prompted them to type in their private key which sent it to the hackers who then used it to steal their coins. Lesson is keep your private keys safe and be very careful with what you download! Using paper wallets and hardware wallets are also a good idea.

1 Like

Very unfortunate. I think I’m pretty fortunate. Any thing I buy now goes to my grad kids and into their cold storage devices. Each has their own and their parents and I retain their private and public keys One other set is in one other location should anything happen to us. I thought all this was pretty silly till a friend had a very valuable loss hit his family. So we took precautions that still seem a bit extreme, but it’s for the kids and who knows, maybe it will be worth it >> one day. My days will be short, I probably won’t see the benefit they receive should things work out. There are few promises in life that are absolute and certain.

Be well,

Thank you for your comments.

Craig

2 Likes