Am I hitting a bug with the command: query kes-period-info

Hello all :slight_smile:

By pure chance I double checked my KES period with the command: cardano-cli query kes-period-info and worryingly it displayed the below:

KES check

But my GLiveView says its valid:

glive kes

And I run this: curl -s 127.0.0.1:12798/metrics | grep KES

curl output

I’ve doubled checked the kes key and node cert and they are definitely the last ones I generated.

I’m wondering if I’m hitting a BUG with the cardano-cli query kes-period-info command?

Should I simply try to rotate the KES to see if that fixes it? or risk leaving it?

Cheers

yes, you are :face_with_monocle: … this appears fixed in their development version which should be included in the next cardano-node release:

1 Like

Excellent, so I’m all good? just gotta wait for the next release and it will be fixed.

Cheers dude

You are good with Key, but not all good. The 0.1% missed leader checks is something that deserves fixing.

1 Like

No, that’s from the epoch transition. 284 for the transition from 345 to 346 is within the normal range.

3 Likes

Thank you George :+1:. Yea that includes the epoch transition.

Thanks guys

You are welcome. I know it includes the epoch transition, you can see it in the screenshot from the uptime and the time left from the current epoch :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like