Ambassador Stories, Journal #24: Eystein & Reng

Ambassador Stories, Journal #24: Eystein & Reng

Welcome to the 24th journal of the “Ambassador Stories” series! :star_struck::tada:

New stories will be shared with you, whenever new ambassadors join our ranks and provide their stories.
You’ll be able to enjoy the various, unique stories of our Cardano Community Ambassadors: what motivated, and still motivates them, to be part of this amazing and wonderful community?

The Cardano Community Team would also like to thank the Ambassadors for all their continued efforts and participation in sharing their stories with us. :writing_hand:

Please read all about Eystein (@Eystein_Hansen) & Reng (@Ninjis) down below! :open_book:

Part 1: Eystein, Ambassador Content Creator:

Eystein has recently joined the Ambassador ranks as a Content Creator, however is an old an well known face of the Cardano Community, who has been supporting Cardano and building on it since before there even was an Ambassador Program.
The Cardano Team is happy to welcome Eystein and we are looking forward to your contributions in the coming months. Thanks for all that you do, it is much appreciated!

(Eystein enjoying the fresh Scandinavian outside air.)

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

My name is Eystein Hansen and I live in Norway. I work as an educational psychologist advisor and I think it is in my DNA to try to help others in some ways as many family members work in helping type of professions. In Cardano I see something that could potentially make the world a slightly better place to live for my own kids and others so I of course want to be supportive of that effort if I have the chance and opportunity. My hobbies are watching movies (preferably with a solid hdr tv with dolby atmos sound), reading books and of course a full time computer geek done the whole commodore 64 → amiga → pc thing as many others my age that was into technical stuff. I rekindled my love for Linux and open source software with the incentivized testnet as I have been a stake pool operator since the ITN and I am just happy to manage to be able to match and hang on to the speed of some of our more technically gifted community members. Random fun-fact: I was a 4x champion in Civilization 4 and you can find my name in the credits section of several 4x strategy games. I love everything strategy including the mother of all strategy games - chess.

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

Actually Cardano was my first love :slight_smile: It was through a friend of mine that I was introduced to blockchain in 2017 and before that just heard of Bitcoin and Ethereum. I found my own way to Cardano and have been with the community since December 2017.

3) Why Cardano?

The scientific first approach really vibes well with me with my own educational background. I really appreciate the fact I could read and judge myself for the quality of the project with the freely available research papers. Also the whiteboard video of Charles. That is one iconic video :slight_smile:

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

I make content for the Cardano Ecosystem. For example I made a presentation during the last Cardano Summit:

and I am going to try to remain an active voice with content creation going forward in particular in creating overviews and contributing based on my own background and understanding (master degree in psychology and also a master degree in law).

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

I think realistically we will be one of many blockchains in 10 years from now still, but preferably one that is still leading the way for others to follow. We will have made inroads in continents where fewer have banking opportunities such as Africa and some Asian countries and helped them gain access to capital. We will have used ledger technology for good things such as reducing counterfeit medicine but also in simpler ways such as helping family members transfer money with little costs compared with what is currently the system. My main wish is we also have understood governance issues better and advanced our understanding of what are the possibilities and how to most effectively use liquid democracies. Perhaps we would even have made a legal DSL so we can really accelerate our governance issues on a broader scale. We would also have been supporting and driving forward ethical research on AI and made sure it has been implemented on ledgers in a responsible way that is good for humanity overall.

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

I would like to thank everyone that has followed me on this road from being a complete novice in December 2017 and to where I am now as a Cardano Ambassador and a staking pool operator and more to come in the future. I honestly would not have come to this point without the helpful community that Cardano has. If I can do it I am sure you can do it as well. Also I am very proud this community is showing its helpful spirit such as the Folding@Home project:

and Kiva lending team
https://www.kiva.org/team/cardano_community
so thank you to those people and everyone else trying to make the world a slightly better place for all of us.

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Eystein’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum or on Twitter for his content.

—The End of Part 1.

5 Likes

Part 2: Reng (@Reng), Ambassador Meetup Organizer:>

Reng is joining us as a meetup organizer, holding online/offline meetups to help grow and support the Chinese Cardano community, but also anyone outside who’s willing to join in. Great job and glad to have you with us, Reng! Looking forward to seeing you contribute more to help out the Chinese community, so many more may follow your footsteps!

(Mask-wearing Reng, always be prepared!)

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

My name is Reng Lee and I live in China. I’m currently a college student. I like Artificial Intelligence so I chose it as my major although it’s very difficult for me :frowning: I’m also fascinated with Cryptography and Astronomy.

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

I watched a TED video about blockchain technology by coincidence. It blew my mind and I just couldn’t help to start learning more about it!

3) Why Cardano?

I’m a big fan of Charles Hoskinson. He’s a genius and he inspires me a lot. And Cardano is always doing things seriously, with the right approach and Cardano has a strong Developer team.

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

I host community meetups for Cardano enthusiasts like myself. Having a good discussion about Cardano with people from different backgrounds can be very constructive and innovative to the community.

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

This may sound cheesy, but: King of Crypto World. Protector of Blockchain Space.

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

All great achievements require time. Be patient with blockchain as well as with Cardano.

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Reng’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum!

—The End of Part 2.

We are truly blessed with such motivated community members we have in our ecosystem! Thank you all for reading, and don’t forget to leave your comments/likes and give our Ambassadors some Cardano community :heart: and follow their work!:100::muscle:

Until next time, (may take a few weeks…) with new people and new Ambassador Stories! :wave:

5 Likes

Welcome to the gang :sunglasses:

3 Likes

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: @Eystein_Hansen and @Ninjis :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

1 Like