Ambassador Stories, Journal #1: Ruslan & Denicio

:star_struck: Welcome to the very first journal of our recently announced “Ambassador Stories”! :star_struck:

From now on, you’ll be able to weekly enjoy the various, unique stories of our Cardano Community Ambassadors: what motivated, and still motivates them, to be part of this amazing community?

The Cardano Community Team would also like to thank the Ambassadors for all their continued efforts and participation in sharing their stories with us. :writing_hand:

Please read all about @Soluyanov (Ruslan) & @dennyb2010 (Denicio) down below! :open_book:

Part 1: Ruslan Soluyanov, Translator for the Russian Language:

1. Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

I am a technician-programmer by profession, but during different periods of my life I helped to organize concerts for musicians, selling equipment from my own company, developed logos and corporate identity, programmed and set up computer networks for companies.

(After a big event, instead of sleeping in his hotel room, Ruslan instead fell asleep in the hotel’s corridor after only having slept 5hrs in two days.:zzz::shushing_face:)

2. How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

In 2014, my friend told me about Bitcoin and soon after got my first bitcoin wallet. At that time I did not understand what it was exactly, and wasn’t interested in studying it further. At the end of 2015, I learned about other projects and began to follow Ethereum, and I even participated with testing their test-network. Then I learned about exchanges and trading, but again quickly lost interest. Then, I met Cardano in November 2017 and became interested in the project. I am with her everyday and since a couple of months I have become a Cardano Ambassador due to my continued efforts as a translator.

3. Why Cardano?

Cardano has good foundations and better coordination. It’s also more transparently built system of development and implementation. I have not seen such rigor elsewhere. Even the members of the community can understand that the project is on a different level than in other communities.

4. How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

Together with other great Russian community members and Ambassadors (@vantuz-subhuman, @Evgeny_S, @timsahabutdinov & @Fell_x27 (Telegram) ), I help to manage the Cardano Russia community, and translate videos, articles and publish them in Russian magazines about cryptocurrencies. Our Russian community is really wonderful!

5. What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

I want Cardano to be present everywhere, that’s how I see the future of the project!

6. What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

We need to explain to all people the people around us, not only traders and programmers, that blockchain is not scary, it’s not about financial fraud or ecological damage. Blockchain and cryptocurrencies are very cool, interesting and transformative new things to explore more.

–The End of Part 1.

You can follow Ruslan’s work on his Twitter, updates via this forum, as well as on the Cardano Russia Telegram group!

14 Likes

Ambassador Stories, Part 2: Denicio Bernier (@dennyb2010), Content Creator with “The Cardano Community Podcast” (TCCP), and previously ‘The ADA Voice’:

1. Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

My name is Denicio Bernier. I’m 39 years old, married and father of two. I have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communication and Consulting (specialized in marketing communication strategies).

People that I respect say that I am a philosopher. Something I believe to be true. I personally find it rewarding to find meaning and understanding for life’s beauties and challenges.

I love challenging myself. I find it very rewarding to try and simplify complex matters - for example something like Blockchain!

2. How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

Sometime in 2017 I overheard my colleagues talking about cryptocurrencies. Not knowing much at that time, I start asking questions. At some point during our conversation one of my colleagues challenged me to come up with a better project than Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.

So I started doing some research…

3. Why Cardano?

I started reading information on the top 10 coins at that time (November 2017).

When I saw the developing team behind the protocol and read about their scientific research-driven, peer-review approach, and about the formal methods (+ their choice for a much more secure programming language called Haskell), I immediately knew this project was very different to others.

For me it was clear that this project was not being developed by some clever guys who know how to write code. There were actually real cryptographers and scientists behind the project. People who know what they are doing and are going about it the right way. The way of research, peer-review and formal methods.

4. How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

I am the founder of The Cardano Community Podcast (TCCP). A podcast that is 100% community centric.

TCCP has been created to provide a platform for our global, diverse community members, to hear what they are working on, share thoughts, and hopefully encourage further networking. Through interviews, conversations and group chats, we hope to bring our large community together and see cross pollination of ideas between skill sets.

The podcast is open to everyone and anyone in the Cardano community, to share their creative works or educational content with the rest of the world!

5. What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

I hope to see many emerging markets adopt Cardano Blockchain as their first protocol of choice. In particular, I’d like to see countries such as Ethiopia use Cardano for their land registration and supply chain. This would combat corruption and the falsifying of documents - something that’s been plaguing my native country for generations.

6. What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

My dream is to see global media talking about Cardano and the high standards it has brought to the Blockchain industry. Join me on my Youtube channel: TCCP, follow TCCP’s Twitter and my personal Twitter account to help make this a reality!

—The End of Part 2.

Such motivated community members we have in our ecosystem! Thank you all for reading, and don’t forget to leave your comments/likes and give our Ambassadors some Cardano community :heart: and follow their work!:100::muscle:

Until next week, with new people and new Ambassador Stories! :wave:

16 Likes

Great series. I’ve always been a fan of this format to learn more about people.

1 Like

Very Interesting Post, Powered by Good Logic! (9 out of 10)

1 Like