Amended Community Rules for the Forum

The Community Rules for the Cardano Forum have been amended and updated!

Please make sure you have read the rules here.

And thank you for being a part of the Cardano community! :cardano:

4 Likes

“Multiple accounts by the same user will not be allowed. This helps foster a more human experience in the online world and restricts spamming.”

But I guess group accounts are allowed?

Concerning multiple accounts:

I miss some words about group accounts. Without any further comments about them, some people could think of them as a second account for the group members.

Right now I am using my second account in the forum. I had some troubles with my first one right after registration and as it seems it is not possible to delete the own account as a user (which I think is a must!). So I just opened a second account and never touched the first one again.

Group accounts are allowed.

If we find users who have multiple accounts then we will ensure they move to just using one account.

Members can message admins to let them know if they have dormant account that need to close :slight_smile:

What’s the process for creating a new group?
I have an :bulb: for :point_up:. It’s a very exclusive group, might even be too exclusive. The “Devotees,” members who have earned a “devotee badge” by visiting the forum 365 days consecutively. That will probably be the most exclusive group on the forum, not a single person has earned the badge yet. Just by missing a singe day you’re disqualified as a candidate for an entire year! Maybe there should even be :ada: prize gifted to new members by/from the foundation. What do you think?

“Profile and engage the key leaders” C.H

while i appreciate the enthusiasm i see a glaring problem with the suggested idea. it could very easily be gamed via bot automation, but more importantly it would be quantitative not qualitative - meaning more noise than signal, basically not a reliable signal for quality contribution to community.

3 Likes

hello @maki.mukai glad you’re back.

i would like to have a meaningful discussion about the dictatorial unaccountable nature of this:

Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.

When you see bad behaviour, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behaviour by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it . If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.

In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.

And on the other hand, if you feel your content has been inaccurately removed, the Community team can perform a secondary review. Please provide details of your post to community@cardano.org. Please be aware that escalating to secondary review should only be for serious concerns.

could those involved give their reasoning behind this choice of approach?

2 Likes