Are there ports I can open on my router to better serve the project?

I have experience running the full Bitcoin Wallet and used to have the port opened for it to become a full node.

I am interested in doing the same (if possible) with my Daedalus wallet. Are there ports I can open for this? Is there a way to also limit how many connections can be made to my full node at that point?

1 Like

Hello,

As long the Daedalus is synced, it’s already connected with the chain

From an old topic I found:

You only need to open just the following for Daedalus (outgoing connections):

• 3000:TCP Kademlia to connect other nodes
  • 53:(UDP,TCP) DNS nowadays they use TCP either.
  • 123:UDP NTP
  • 443:TCP SSL onnection to Report server(s)

The others, such us 8090, 8000, 8100, just are opened locally.

Cheers,

1 Like

But since the p2p discovery is not available yet you need to advertise your node.
There is a script which is used by pool operators to able to build the topology… but worth to wait for the official support for peer discovery.

@Alexd1985 can confirm this

1 Like

Yes, but I don’t know if he is using a cli node or just daedalus for desktop :thinking:

Both using cardano-node under the hood, so same situation, I think

I’m just using the desktop wallet I downloaded from https://daedaluswallet.io/. It is graphical and not CLI. On Windows 10.

In the Bitcoin realm as long as port 8333 from the outside internet is forwarded to the computer running the wallet it will accept incoming connections and “help” the network more by providing a place for other wallets to connect. That wallet also has the ability to limit the total number of connections so you don’t saturate your internet connection. I usually would set my wallet to 11 connections and would have 8 outgoing and 3 incoming. And auto-discovery was built-in.

I wanted to support Cardano the same way if possible. But maybe it isn’t possible just yet.

You don’t need to do anything just keep the daedalus open to validate transactions.

Daedalus is a full node wallet. This means that unlike light wallets (e.g.Yoroi, Adalite etc.) Daedalus downloads a full copy of the Cardano blockchain and independently validates every transaction in its history. That way you get maximum security and completely trustless operation, without centrally hosted 3rd party servers.

Happy delegation! I hope u delegated for free rewards :wink:

PS: Daedalus is available only for desktop (full node); There is a FAKE app for android which will let you without ADA if u’ll install it !!!

1 Like

Definitely already staking :smiley:

Thank you all.

1 Like