Bad feeling

@afm88

HOLY CRAP!!! That’s crazy!

You disproved your own point, with your point. You explained exactly why Market-cap is important is for trading. Because Its a valuation-metric when you are conducting a transaction.

It is not measuring the real value, it is measuring what value YOU pay or sell it for. It is measuring what YOU are VALUING it at, whoever conducts that transaction.

I’m pretty sure you still haven’t watched the video I shared. And you clearly misunderstood my point, which was that market cap is so easily manipulated that its a terrible metric to use for determining a coins actual value, much less what you should buy or sell it for.

1 Like

I didnt miss any point, you are one missing the main point and side-tracking it into something that is irrelevant - but go ahead and disregard market cap at your own expense.

The exact scenario that you with your own words described is exactly why market cap is important, because it is the ONLY metric you could use to find out what price you paid, and if it was crazy or not. If you disregard market cap, you have no idea… if something was worth 1 million (or you perceived it to be worth 1 million), and you paid 1 trillion for it (in terms of valuation) you wouldn’t know by looking at the price, only by looking at market cap.

and if you bought something that was worth 1 million valued at 1 trillion, you as a buyer got screwed, and the seller gained.

There is nothing you can say against this that would make sense, invalidating market-cap is so insane that you would hear only something like that as “common knowledge” in the crypto-community.

I never said market cap was useless, I said it was a bad tool to use for valuing a coin because it’s easily manipulated. It fails to account for the distribution of buyers and sellers because it’s a single point in time, which means that if 99% of buyers are lower than the last transaction price, and you use the market cap to set your buy price, then you paid too much.

Irrelevant.

Also it is not easily manipulated, only in illiquid coins. Take larger coins like ADA with 3-10% supply trading every day, that is much much more than any large stock. You could easily liquidate 100 Million USD of ADA over a couple of days without affecting price much.

ADAs market cap is real in terms of that it is liquid - but yeh you wouldn’t be able to liquidate everything at one given point in time since there would be no incentive for anything to buy the entire thing.

I would love to see .10 cents as well. In the mean time will just keep buying.

2 Likes

agreed,

If we use a market cap to set value, we set a limitation for us already.

If there’s always a limitation, I guess the bitcoin will never grow like this.

Come on! Why limit ourselves while we are investing the future possibilities?

:grin:

Really depends on BTC …i know obvious statement

added

Bulk sale always comes with discounted price!

A market cap is just a number to make our life easier.

So, I just watched that market cap video and determined that this guy is the reason the EU is almost bankrupt.

First rule of crypto club: Do not tell people how much you have. If 10 % of your portfolio gets hacked, you have only your self to blame. Buckle down with your investment in cardano and quit whining or get out and sell.

Hey we have every right to whine as much as we want. I also have the right to sell and rebuy and to talk about whats going on in order to gage if thats a good idea. “quit whinning” “get and sell” stop pushing people around will ya :wink:

1 Like

Plus if you consider I’m the op and the post started with me stating I had a bad feeling… and it now coming to fruition I wouldn’t really concider pointing out the drop as “whining” though I jokingly to accuse myself of whining.

Many new investors to crypto are a whiny bunch that think the last quarter of 2017 was normal. The update arrived and, surprise surprise, there was nothing to be worried about. That means your " bad feeling " was nonsense babbling now doesn’t it ? Also, why post how much ada you have ? What possible benefit can you think of to tell strangers how much crypto you have ? I can think of none. I can, however, see how it would tempt people to target you. But yes, you do have every right to make nonsense, paranoid posts exposing yourself.

Actually if you read the convo I stated that no actual progress to the road map would be a very bad sign and make the market plummet and that’s exactly what happened. Only reason I said anything about how much ADA is cause I was being accused of not believing in the project so felt the need to show my stake in it. Really starting to think 90% of this community can’t take any kind of discussion I thought that’s what forums where for. literally any type of convo attempted is just met with "then sell and leave " or worse toxic people like you.

3 Likes

He’s not toxic, he doesn’t want you to get hacked and trust me that can happen quicker than you think. Huge difference :slight_smile: Don’t blame people for wanting to protect others.

1 Like

telling people to “quit whinnig or get out and sell” in a trading discussion forum is not being productive. It as if anybody who is not a HODLER now and forever is either branded disloyal or a fool. This guy had feeling we were going to fall from a level we had been sitting on for days. We did. I hope he made some easy coins.

1 Like

Nah, stick around…you’re starting to grow on me :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes