Block producing node always stuck at "starting.." epoch is 0

Ur relay is fine… show me the output for sudo ufw status for your relay and also topology file ( cover Producer IP)

Cheers,

The status show as inactive see below:

topology file
{
    "Producers": [
      {
        "addr": "Producer IP",
        "port": 6000,
        "valency": 1
      },
      {
        "addr": "relays-new.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io",
        "port": 3001,
        "valency": 2
      }
    ]
  }

Right, u are not running the topology updater script… did u configured? i think is step 16 from the guide

and no fw ? Not good for security

So , do you mean the node is okay, I just need to run the run the step 16 of the guide? I configure the main-topology.json, is that what you mean?

Nope… u need to use topology updater… topology updater will announce your IP to the network this way other public nodes will know how to connect you… also it will add automatically more peers to the topology file

Since the test network has to get along without the P2P network module for the time being, it needs static topology files. This “TopologyUpdater” service, which is far from being perfect due to its centralization factor, is intended to be a temporary solution to allow everyone to activate their relay nodes without having to postpone and wait for manual topology completion requests.

The topologyupdater shell script must be executed on the relay node as a cronjob exactly every 60 minutes . After 4 consecutive requests (3 hours) the node is considered a new relay node in listed in the topology file. If the node is turned off, it’s automatically delisted after 3 hours.

So where do I get the topology updater? is that the step 16 of the guide?

Sorry, step :gear: 14. Configure your topology files

Thanks for suggestion
I haven’t got the step 14 yet. I am at step 12 register the pool and try to query the pool id and got the following error,
Can you please let me know what is wrong with it?
command run :
cardano-cli query ledger-state --mainnet --mary-era | grep publicKey | grep $(cat stakepoolid.txt)

Error message as following:
MuxError MuxBearerClosed “<socket: 11> closed when reading data, waiting on next header True”

HI Alex,
I have gone through step 4 and waited for about 10 hours , to start step 14 of relay node to pull step : chmod +x relay-topology_pull.sh
./relay-topology_pull.sh
However, I run “ufw status”, it give me “status : inactive” . I already gone through step 14 , how should I resolve this problem? Now all the block processed TX is 0…

thanks,

• on relay you need to have IN/OUT peers (the CNODE port should be opened to accept incoming connections)
  • if you configured topologyupdater script, check the last log message generated by it
  • you will not process tx if the nodes are not fully synced

cheers,

Looks like my updater.sh install on the BP, do I need to uninstall it? how should I do so?

I am run working on the updater.sh on the relay node, should I wait for another 4 hours

I removed the following 2 files from BP
rm crontab.txt
rm topologyUpdater.sh

This is the logs/topologyUpdater_lastresult.json :
{ “resultcode”: “201”, “datetime”:“2021-03-24 16:37:35”, “clientIp”: “3.142.247.56”, “iptype”: 4, “msg”: “nice to meet you” }

I checked the file: https://explorer.mainnet.cardano.org/relays/topology.json
My relay node is not registered somehow, what should I check ? I see the registration fee is deducted from the payment address

Don’t run topology updater on BP, only on relay… after 4 consecutive (3 hours) u should see the message: glad u are staying with us!

Ok, will wait for 4 hours. Where can I see the message? In the logs/topology_updater?
Is it also my relay ip going to show on https://explorer.mainnet.cardano.org/relays/topology.json?
thanks,

hey Alex,

I’ve just setup a new 2nd relay, it’s been up for 4 hours now, and I could see it has processed some transaction and is in sync, everything looks fine except it only has 3 peers for now. My first relay that I setup a week back have like 17 now, any idea why the number of peers not going up? Below is the topology.json on my 2nd relay.

{
  "Producers": [
    {
      "addr": "myBPip",
      "port": 1234,
      "valency": 1
    },
    {
      "addr": "relays-new.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io",
      "port": 3001,
      "valency": 2
    }
  ]
}

Yes and yes

Did u configured topology updater script? If yes restart the node and check again in topology file… u should see more peers added by topology script

Cheers,

oh, silly me, I just found out that I made a typo of inserting an extra “.” in the ip in topology updater, thanks for the help!

Hi Alex,
One question i have before is ufw status show as inactive, is that a problem?
I see the msg of “welcome to topology” however
I don’t see it at the https://explorer.mainnet.cardano.org/relays/topology.json

{ “resultcode”: “203”, “datetime”:“2021-03-24 18:22:08”, “clientIp”: “3.142.247.56”, “iptype”: 4, “msg”: “welcome to the topology” }