CARDANO MEME CONTEST 🏆

Aww this is my favorite by far :slight_smile:

I have seen this sort of thing on Steemit and it ends more often than not with abusive voting by multiple accounts or people voting for their friends or in return for a cut etc.

All that is needed is a single person with integrity to judge the contest. If you are certain you do not want to do it, then perhaps you know who would be best suited to?

I think it is very important to ensure that the contest is judged in a manner that all are comfortable with though, and that there is no questions raised as to the integrity of the contest. That is, if you are planning to do more contests in future and want the same if not better participation levels.

1 Like

I agree, here’s how you build a poll…if enough people want me to judge the contest, I will

1 Like
  • @SeanAmilov should judge the Cardano Meme Contest and select the winners
  • A new panel of judges should be sought for to judge the contest
  • The community should decide the winners

0 voters

1 Like

For the biggest contest in the forum so far, the whole process is really very unfortunate. This is crypto. Clear rules, comprehensible implementation and transparency should be at the forefront.

2 Likes

True, then again first contest I’ve run so far. Lessons learned will be implemented in subsequent contests.

3 Likes

Voting from that many memes submitted, I can’t really blame them from losing the drive. It must feel like a mountain stack of paper works. Just Sean organizing them in a thread looked like slavery to me.

2 Likes

How about Sean judging it with those few Ambassadors who have enough initiative? He was going to invite 9 people, but I think just ~2 beside him would be perfect.

For example, Josh_Munday seemed to have just enough interest for this.

1 Like

Yep, and like I said no initiative from others to do anything.

I think the people who have enough initiative for this have already submitted their memes. A contestant can’t be a judge.

Well, if there’s literally no one Ambassador beside you with any initiative, I guess it’s either you to define the winners or the community.

How about a bracket? Take 4 random submissions and the judges vote on one to move up the ladder. It doesn’t overwhelm them with choices. You’ll be able to organize while the voting happens. Downside is it’ll take long, even with multiple groups of 4 being voted at once.

1 Like

I’m happy to help out but I felt I was dictating conversation with little input, so another solution needs to be implemented.

@SeanAlimov you have done very well so far and I agree with moving away from the current idea of judging :+1:

1 Like

I guess the community would like to wrap it up as soon as possible (it’s been 4 weeks of contest + a week of judgement already).

Let’s come up here with some ideas and possible help, so we could do this quick and fair.

This is not entirely true, I for one have been trying to get this going.

I’m thinking in terms of MEMES reviewed/judged

How about this:

1. Sean picks ~10 best memes in his opinion (he probably already reviewed all the submissions and has his favorites already).

2. Then Sean and @Josh_Munday (and possibly someone else) pick their top 5 memes.

3. Then they discuss or vote for final consensus.

1 Like

I don’t like this approach because there are over 300 MEMES submitted,

To me to judge the contest means, you look at every single submission. If there is more than one judge, you do it together. You stick to a criteria, and eliminate submissions based on that criteria, with clear reasons stated.

1 Like

I have already got a good idea of a few I think should be in contention for a prize. But I was just trying to spark some momentum for a few others

1 Like

Thank you for your efforts, now is time to try something different.

I like this idea