Cardano-Wallet App Payment Address

Hello you all! Quick question, I am an artist on the Cardano Blockchain and have been for some years now, as my work and holders grow I have realized the importance of truly owning what you create… This led me down the road of creating a policy from scratch using Cardano-CLI

I am thankfully very close and chugging along, but have a question I think some people may have the answer to…

I was able to run a node no issue and even generate a payment address and export the keys successfully using Cardano-CLI but, once I verified the address created was on chain and receiving sent $ADA through pool.pm I decided to query using the command…

for /F %i in (Keys\payment.addr) do @cardano-cli query utxo --address %i --mainnet

the result is blank and showing the address has no uTXO’s

Is this because although my node is 100% Sync’d my Cardano-Wallet application needs to be as well in order to properly relay the info I am attempting to query?

I assumed if I was able to create a wallet and retrieve it’s keys through Cardano-CLI I would be able to query an address, but I also feel like that query request could be a certain command specific to Cardano-Wallet that needs the data fully sync’d to relay it…

Thank you in advance for your help!