Casa & failure to recover Yoroi

Successfully transferred ADA from Daedalus to Yoroi 2 years ago using Ledger Nano S, then did not look again until last week. 24 word Ledger seed retrieved from bank safety deposit box & entered in correct order, but wallet recovered had no ADA. Never wrote down the wallet name or spending password.
2 questions: 1 The Nano S used for the Yoroi was subsequently used for a Casa 2 of 3 multi-sig BTC wallet. Could this explain the failure to recover the Yoroi wallet? Casa people say no. 2 Three years ago I set up a mirror Ledger Nano S. I am not sure whether the original Nano S or the mirror was used in setting up the Yoroi (but I tried both and both failed to recover the Yoroi). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @Jessica32 Could it be you added a “Pass phrase” to your wallet?
A Pass phrase is a kind of extra password on top of your 24 word seed.

Read this:
Advanced passphrase security – Ledger Support

3 Likes

Really good idea but haven’t used this with the Ledger. Thanks.

2 Likes

OK, just to be 100% sure. Did you go through all the steps depicted here:

Cardano (ADA) – Ledger Support
?

3 Likes

Yes, each and every step. Thank you.

1 Like

Did u solved the issue?

Never wrote down the wallet name or spending password.

U don’t need them…

Can u tell me how did u tried to recover the wallet (step by step)

In 2018 we were in byron era so now u will need to restore the byron wallet

connect ledger to yoroi- go to add wallet (byron erra) - connect ledger

4 Likes

Step by step: Ledger Live v 2.25.1, Ledger Nano S v 1.6.1, Cardano v 2.2.1 so all uptodate and synchronized. Yoroi Chrome extension is main net v 4.3.2. Add new wallet>Connect to Hardware wallet>Cardano>Ledger Hardware wallet> Chose ERA-> Byron-era (read only wallet)> connect> Ledger Nano S. BUT at insert security key with Emurgo, I had no key so after unlocking my Nano S again, I chose the other built in sensor option but got a “something went wrong- your identity could not be verified” but then timed out.
I then tried: Add new wallet>Restore wallet> Cardano> entered wallet name, 24 word Ledger seed phrase in correct order then spending password but the wallet created had no ADA.
I appreciate your help.

1 Like

Thank you Jessica for all the details…

now, do you know if u set a password for the ledger?

1 Like

I never set that up.

1 Like

ok,

then u can try on adalite.io to connect the ledger and check if u can see the funds?

Thanks,

2 Likes

How long does “Loading wallet data” usually take? Should I have logged into Ledger Live before “Unlock with Ledger”?

1 Like

Yeah, start ledger live and cardano app on ledger

2 Likes

Wow. There it is- my ADA still there. Thanks.
What next?

2 Likes

So u didn’t migrated the ADA to shelley right?

Next is to create a shelley wallet in yoroi and move ada from byron to sheley

Open yoroi- add wallet (shelley era) - connect ledger and set the wallet name … etc

U should see 0 ada… then send 10 ada from adalite to yoroi and check if in yoroi u see the 10 ADA added to the balance

If everything is fine, u can send all amount from adalite to yoroi

then u can start delegation for earning rewards

4 Likes

My Adalite wallet timed out. Not sure where it went. Do I have to create a new Adalite wallet and use the new wallet to send ADA to the newly created Yoroi, or is the original Adalite somewhere that I must use the original?

1 Like

Also, my newly created Yoroi wallet has a 15 word seed phrase. Will I be using that instead of my Ledgers’s 24 word seed phrase? Thanks so much.

1 Like

Wait, something u did wrong

1 Like

U created a simple yoroi wallet?

Anyway bkp the 15 seed words till u move the funds to ledger shelley wallet

so u will need to open chrome yoroi extension:

• add wallet (shelley era)
  • connect ledger NOT create new

All this time keep cardano app open on ledger

Do not insert the ledger 24 seed words in any other apps… u will use it only to restore the ledger

2 Likes

Sorry. I am at Confirm Transaction to transfer Byron era wall to new Shelly wallet. Should I upgrade or skip?
Not sure which new Shelley wallet though???

1 Like

Ok, then… u connected the ledger to yoroi?

1 Like