Centralization in Cardano community power?

Yup. Even though the original post in question was in poor taste, there’s a reason why it was written. There must be something about the person it was written about that makes others act the way they do in response.

Rather than trying to have everyone else change around you, sometimes it’s best to engage in a little introspection.

You Guys are absolutely right.

This thing looks so ugly from the outside, but it has a long, deep & very personal history.

It’s beyond an unknow troll pissing you off once or twice. It’s now more then a month of insults & toxicity from the same group, where yesterday it was just the last drop in the glass.

I apologize to anyone from the Community who reads this unaware of the entire boring context.

Without that it does look childish, whining and pathetic.

2 Likes

It just takes one of the parties to DROP IT.

In fact that’s the only thing that will end this. Whether or not you all shake hands after is up to you.

4 Likes

Actually it is the other way around and it is very sad. Berchino did most of the work and got a change in Cardano Foundation. Now they are discarding him and discrediting him, the thread that got removed is only one among many such occasions. That is objective truth as he clearly showed by mistake he was the troll who attacked on watchdogs. So this is not made up things. Thing is it is a loosing fight and truth always finds a way. And it is sad if any critical voice will be pushed out of these forums as I had a very serious discussion on governance DSL and anyone with some education or knowledge of the field feel free to review what I wrote there as I know it will stand the test of time and is a solid contribution to the discussion in the field.

1 Like

What makes you so sure it isn’t a coincidence ? Just ask Sebastian.
Maybe he will tell the truth… Maybe you wont believe him… I don’t know…
What I do know is that the last topic and this topic as well, don’t add anything positive to the Cardano community.

Maybe you guys could try and sort it out in private? Or maybe not sort it out at all. But I think it’s in everyone’s best to stop this mud throwing in public. To be fair, I think it’s better to delete this topic as well.

2 Likes

I agree this should have been sorted out in private long time ago. But it never did. And they keep attacking and discrediting. This is not the first time this happens. The troll in the first thread who by mistake revealed himself as Rob still has his thread criticizing the guardians - nothing whatsoever happened to that thread -, while the thread where the other party explained themselves is locked. Is this fair and balanced? Add on top of this many of the other group are in positions for ambassadors and one of them is revealed as having directly tried to attack Cardano watchdogs. So excuse me for asking if this is a coincidence. I am not saying all the ambassadors are rotten far from it but when you have a dispute between two groups perhaps - just perhaps you should be careful any such ambassadors focused on forwarding Cardano instead of attacking the other group? Does that not make sense? It sure does for me. None of the questions we have asked after the CF change have been answered. We have discussed how the community could be part of CF with so far no response. We have asked many questions regarding the ambassador program in this thread and so far no real clarity. It is ironic that many of the former guardians are also proposed as ambassadors and now one of them is found out to be directly related to slander on Cardano watchdogs. So again excuse me for asking what a coincidence.

What good does it make to have replaced Parsons if what is left is unable to provide transparency and unable to provide a balanced discussion where different viewpoints can be discussed. It does not help to have the best and most scientific rigor on the cryptocurrency itself if the community cannot upheld minimum standards.

When serious governance issues arrive in the future about the roads the users of Cardano should take you would have been glad that there have been discussions on this in the past. And if this becomes a place only for the agreeable people then we will have lost something.

2 Likes

@maki.mukai please share a screenshot from the other resolved flag from my report on @deepau .

Then from my side we are finished, nothing more to say.

It may be stupid from my part ( as I don’t give a £&@@ about this )

Please, any one could tell if It’s known the people behind of this watchdog thing ?

Group A ( @Mihori @Eystein_Hansen @Bullish @bercinho ) founded the Watchdogs then we had from Group B first @RobJF anonymously troll us you seen in the headline of this thread and then @werkof removing the thread instantly when needed. Also @Andy_Hendrikx and @rickymac showed up on this thread.

Just read the Document on the Twitter Tweet copied above (https://www.docdroid.net/y2qIGEB/the-governance-conflic-that-split-the-guardians-of-cardano-v12.pdf). I warn you it’s very boring :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much @bercinho I will read it …

2 Likes

Here we have a clear evidence a proposed ambassador used a fake user and wrote slander on watchdogs. And what are the actions of the moderators? To question Bertalan. To question watchdogs. Next move will be some of us will be banned I predict. How about an apology ? How about looking into ambassadors to make sure this does not happen again?

2 Likes

And we just promoted the Forum a couple of days back :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love for those “real things” to start happening, rather than these less real things.

1 Like

You are in the lead of one! And a very good one. We also promoted it on our Twitter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:pray:

There is no disputing your commitment to the Cardano project. You are a valued member of this community.

3 Likes

Appreciate it Zenman so are you.

And I guess we think alike. See this :slight_smile:
https://forum.cardano.org/t/proposal-for-a-cardano-street-art-competiton-looking-for-cardano-foundation-sponsorship

Hopefully we can resurrect it. @SeanAlimov was also quite active with this idea. Would be great to make this happen.

1 Like

So let’s turn this around now and think how we should prepare for the sustainability era of Cardano when we will have Treasury & Liquid Democracy.

We need efficient decentralized governance.

Users, Groups & other Entities need ratings, reviews & reputation.

Treasury System should possibly be multidimensional. Geographical one, Functional two?

Social Delegate Platforms where delegates may campaign for the Community to get “followers”.

Will spin this off to a new Topic, it will be long.

5 hours ago…
Every member of the former Guardians enjoy the highest respect for their commitment in this forum.
Please let us find a way back to discussions that will productively advance the Cardano project.

4 Likes

That’s the plan & what we are actually waiting for.

Actions, Lessons Learned and Consequences.

Once these 3 are officially communicated by the Cardano Community Team ( @maki.mukai @tom.kelly ) we can finally move on.

And we do all of us already move on many other valuable threads in the Forum and other Community Channels.

It’s not like people are forced to read this long & boring topic and be stuck here :slight_smile:

I do honestly believe & hope most users just simply ignore it by the sheer size and fuzziness.

The Community doesn’t really engage with this thread, just the ones who were involved, or somehow close to them and a few hardcore members.

It’s all good and finally soon over. Let us have a clear & official settlement.

1 Like

I went ahead and changed the title of the topic to reflect its true nature. I don’t think the way it was worded productive or conducive to any meaningful contribution to wider goals of Cardano.

PS: sue me.

3 Likes