Cardano Watchdogs - This Time It's about YOU!

Dear Community:

We are happy to present you the introduction of “Cardano Watchdogs”, an organization aims to be the independent & objective voice in the Cardano Community.

Cardano Watchdogs Intro 2019.pdf (1.6 MB)

Cardano Watchdogs will be a place to help the community raise voices, express concerns and give constructive criticisms. If you have anything would like to say and raise the community’s awareness, please don’t be hesitate to approach us.

In addition to that, we will also have many operations which focus on the building community. If you share the same visions with us, talk to us and join us.

We looking forward to meeting each one of you! :grinning:

WE WILL ALWAYS BE RUNNING!

13 Likes

And watching, I assume.

3 Likes

It’s time to break the silence and move in the right direction.

4 Likes

Interesting to see that no anyone from the “other side” has liked this post, despite those things that are written in the doc are very important; like “Independent & Objective Voice”, “decentralization of Community Power & Influence”, “independent oversight of the operation of key entities”,

It’s very sad to see in real life how emotions are very-very bad advisors.
Nobody needs to like Bertalan and/or his company, but what they want to achieve is unquestionable and I wish them a very successful future for a healthy Cardano Community.

DISCLAIMER: I do not have any relation with the Cardano Watchdogs.

9 Likes

Indeed, 100% agreed

4 Likes

I guess it’s alright, as I mentioned before.

We are starting over from scratch and we are just a nobody.

But there’s many things we can do with or without their involvements. I just hope there will be some new people from everywhere in the globe willing to participate with us!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

For the sake of letting sleeping dogs lie, I would not have commented (in fact hadn’t looked at it), but as you’re asking, I don’t like this:

In the truce thread I requested that this should stop. So far (over three days) there has been no reply from the other side. We now know why. At least it’s clear which side rejects the truce.

Edit: This post was flagged and hidden (5 days later) as “offensive, abusive, or a violation of our community guidelines.” I think the flag is inappropriate. (It is automatically unhidden due to being edited.)

2 Likes

ilap hi from Knysna. Thank you for your objective views. You are much appreciated in the community.

1 Like

Good luck Rob.

We don’t play your game anymore, it’s of no interest of us or the Community.

Here is a bit about our “chosen dog breed”, which is a few among the breeds that doesn’t bark.

“The Basenji is alert, energetic, curious and reserved with strangers. The Basenji tends to become emotionally attached to a single human. Basenjis may not get along with non-canine pets. Basenjis dislike wet weather, like to climb, and can easily get over chain wire fences.

Basenjis often stand on their hind legs, somewhat like a meerkat, by themselves or leaning on something; this behavior is often observed when the dog is curious about something. Basenjis have a strong prey drive. According to the book The Intelligence of Dogs , they are the second least trainable dog.”

Peace

2 Likes

For me to wish good luck to you would be hypocritical.

But I wish the very best of luck to anyone who works with you.

Bye, Bert.

Edit: This post was flagged and hidden (5 days later) as “offensive, abusive, or a violation of our community guidelines.” I think the flag is inappropriate. (It is automatically unhidden due to being edited.)

3 Likes

Bert no need to respond. The community is bigger than any individual. It is sad that their was no recourse for someone that was caught with his pants down. This is the result of no action which i am dead against. No lessons learnt from the perpetrator just trying to fuel their own ego and revealing their true self. No genuine remorse. We move on, united with the community.

3 Likes

What does this mean?
I think there is a need for a third party oversight that grows out of the community. I still want to know what’s going on with the Cardano foundation, if you check out the :cardano: foundation group on this forum you’ll see six members; two are not active @Amanda_Rasch and @cf_bruce, @jonmoss is no longer working for the foundation. @tom.kelly, @maki.mukai, and @YeJi.Kim have transferred under :iohk: leadership, so they get their paycheck from :iohk: now. What is the foundation doing? Not much transparency at this point. Who will investigate this further? So far watchdogs seem to be the only group that care or put any effort. Something can be said for passion and drive, if there are members in this community who are passionate enough to act we need to enable them. Besides, this one person genius demagog that can influence the community is a bit silly and insulting to the :cardano: community in general. :cardano: community members are not timid :sheep: that can be easily deceived and manipulated, more often than not you’ll find yourself in a fight. Is this really “our community?” Or are we just voluntarily donating our life force for a “promise” of influence in the future?

3 Likes

Is this something new? That’s every human being that I’ve ever met, it’s when a person claims the opposite do I get really suspicious. None of us were born yesterday, all of us are out for ourselves. We’re the only ones that keep each other in check, not some altruistic philosophy some may peddle.

3 Likes

You need to meet some new people man.

4 Likes

:blush: I wish that was the case, I’m afraid not. You’re simply wearing rose colored glasses. People are only as good as the world allows them to be.

1 Like

I think you deeply misunderstand these people and their motivations for doing things

Mother Teresa’s Anyway Poem

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway

2 Likes

What people are you referring to?

So you think these people had selfish ambitions? ??

1 Like

I can only speak from my own experience. Its “denied of death,” immortality project, the martyrdom, a heroic exit. It’s a type of a “high,” makes your one transcendent experience feel like popping caffeine pills in comparison, takes your best “flow state” and extends it by a lifetime as long as you stay within the parameters of the character you’ve created for yourself. Whatever it was for them, themselves they did it for, never for you “the people.”

1 Like

Sometimes people do things to help other people just because it seems like the thing to do.

1 Like