CNCLI & gLiveView(coincashew guide)

Since you used the coincashew i will assume you have the same folders from the guide. For the extra stats gliveview needs the blocklog.db file created from cncli script of cntools. I have a scripts folder inside my node folder so i’ve put everything in there.

1. go to $NODE_HOME/scripts and copy the env file from whatever folder you have it in there and also curl -s -o cncli.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cardano-community/guild-operators/master/scripts/cnode-helper-scripts/cncli.sh
  2. edit the original env file blocklog line BLOCKLOG_DIR="/home/yourusername/cardano-my-node/scripts" i assume you have the rest lines already correct.
  3. edit the cncli.sh file with your pool id, vrf.skey file location, cncli db directory location(i got mine at scripts) and path to your vrf.vkey(note here that because i don’t have this file at BP node for security reasons i pointed the location to a usb drive that i removed after i was done)
  4. assuming you are over move to run specific commands of cncli.sh to create and update blocklog.db file(you might need to install sqlite3 before that):
    bash cncli.sh init
    bash cncli.sh leaderlog force
    bash cncli.sh validate all
    After you are done you shall have a blocklog.db file in scripts folder that gliveview will find from your original env file and will reveal the extra info.

Goodluck :slightly_smiling_face: and let me know if you encounter any problems.

4 Likes