Coins send a non existing Cardano address

Hi everybody,

I have been scamed this morning sending some if my coins. During the process the address has been changed. I am pretty sure I filled in the correct address, but for some reason it changed.

When I put the address in the Cardano block explorer it satys:
“Sorry, but we could not find any results matching”.

Does anybody know if the coins don’t arrive they might be returned to the sender ?

Thanks
BR
CoCoin.

Hello,

I had same message on explorer for yoroi address… try to search on cardanoscan.io

But once u sign the transaction, ur ADA will fly out from your wallet and unfortunately the transaction is ireversible.

cheers,

Hello Alex,

oke tht is not so good.
thanks for letting me know.

BR
Remco

Hello Alex,

There is no any way to contact the person who received the coins?
Or maybe they will send them back if they don’t know who send them or when they came from.

BR
Remco

Hello,

I think u have another problem… not scammed :slight_smile:
Can u tell me again what u wanted to do and what happened?

Cheers,

Hello,

I made a sell order from Binance to Anycoin to send 315 ADA’s.
Anycoin gave me an address to send it to.
I copy page the address into my withdrawal on Binance and send the tokens.

But the seller/Anycoin did never been receive them.

It seems now that Anycoin has a different address than I send it to.

The strainge thing is that I used an address that I never heard of or seen before.
I have never used this one that they coins has been send to.
Also I did not copy page this address to send to send the coins to Anycoin.

Another strainge thing is that this morning I noticed that the address where the coins has been send to is an address in my whitelist addres. It’s very strange that this address is in my whitelist because it is unknow to me and I never have send any coin to that address.

I have found my transaction on the Cardano explorer and can see that they have been received. But I don’t know who that is. Hopefully he or she will send them back knowing that this is his/hers.

Any idea how I can proceed further?

BR
Remco

Hello,

I think everything is fine and you need to contact the Anycoin support. They should solve your issue. Tell them that your ADA didn’t arrived to destination and the Binance confirmed the transaction.
You didn’t made a mistake, it’s normal that the address to be changed once you use it (security reason)
If you will test again, you will see perhaps another address on Anycoin after you will use this new one!

Sometimes exchanges can delay the withdraws

Cheers,

Hello,

I will do, thanks for your support.

BR
Remco