CARDANO COINS SENT TO WRONG ADDRESS

Hi All

How do you recover your ADA coins that are sent in the wrong address?

You can’t transactions can’t be reversed. No different to bank transfers or handing over cash

It may be lost as you cannot actually reverse the action, however there may still be a solution
Probably need to offer a bit more info,
e.g. who owns the address you sent them to?
can you request they are sent back?
did you send the ADA to a different token address by mistake?
was it sent to an exchange ? (probably contact their customer services and ask for assistance)

What do you mean a wrong address

p.s. don’t put any personal information down i.e. how many ADA your talking about etc.

I sent the ADA to a different token address by mistake?
This was an exchange, instead of copying ADA address i copied BTC address

15 000 ADA, i was making use of my local exchange to an international exchange. instead of me copying ADA address to be sent too, i copied BTC address

Firstly i would contact the exchanges and try to get through to someone who looks after customer relations.
As it was an exchange (as opposed to some random address, where you have no relationship) it would be nice to think they have some loyalty to look after their customers, so despite any warnings they may have about sending to incorrect address etc., you made an honest mistake, so i would be asking how they can help (to determine if it’s defn been lost, i ask this as we don’t know how they operate custody). On the goodwill side you’re a client, what steps could they help with to reward your loyalty as a customer.

Secondly even if the funds can’t be saved they may even make an ex-gratia payment to you to make up for your loss, it’s a great opportunity for them to gain some fairly cheap marketing for how they look after their customers

e.g. https://www.dcforecasts.com/tether-news/tether-recovered-and-returned-1m-usdt-sent-to-wrong-defi-address/

Good luck

1 Like

It’s impossible to send a token from one blockchain to another. I’m surprised your exchange allowed this action to go through.

Your ada hasn’t left the exchanges address, so I would just contact your exchange and ask them to show your ada in your account again

Most reputable exchanges don’t allow you to do that as it’s not even possible

2 Likes