Daedalus 0.11.0 with Cardano 1.3.0 released

Download: https://daedaluswallet.io/#download
You don’t have to download manually if you already have it installed, your Daedalus wallet will ask you to upgrade.

Release notes: https://daedaluswallet.io/release-notes/

Highlights:

• Memory usage 80% decrease.
  • Network improvements.
    • Faster syncing.
    • Connecting to Network fixes.
  • Block storage optimized some, but will be improved more with the next major release.
  • Cardano REST API v1 included.
  • No Linux build, but there will be one eventually.
  • Release integrity can now be verified via PGP.
  • Formal specification available.
8 Likes

Great! I see my beloved sha256. :smile:

Faster restoring for papper wallet. Good work!

4 Likes

Installation was really smooth and quick. First run seems to be taking a while though, between OKing UAC and anything appearing on screen.

Edit: a couple of minutes later, still no program window, and nothing showing in Task Manager either. Beginning to get a bit worried…

2nd edit: several minutes on, still nothing had appeared, so I rebooted then tried again by doubleclicking cardano-launcher.exe instead of using a shortcut, and it started properly. I’m fairly sure the shortcut (on the Start menu) should work too, will report back if not.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @RobJF

1 Like

For me the new version, is just trying to connect to the network already for 5-10 minutes.
No errors in the console.

After a restart, still no change, the status is trying to connect to the network, I’m on windows build 8183

@jonmoss
The release notes date read 8th of september 2018.

Thanks @Ilhan will feedback too!

That’s now been updated - thanks again :slight_smile:

I don’t want to be a pain in the … , but I think someone is denying the month August.
It now reads 8th of July :smiley:

2 Likes

Is there any release date for the promised linux version?

1 Like

On the roadmap under Cardano SL 1.3 Release:

Daedalus 0.11 has a couple of user interface tweaks to improve the user experience, and includes some fixes in preparation for the upcoming release of Daedalus for Linux. …

Based on this, I would guess we might see a Linux build with next major release. Can anyone confirm?

In my opinion, from a project planning point of view, there should be defined release date as well as assigned ressources. But on the other hand, what do I know about agile software development.
It’s the silence that’s making me suspicicous though

1 Like

Yes, it builds quite nicely on Linux now so I would say your position is correct, Linux Daedalus will be available on the next major release.

Using mac Daedalus in China and shows Connecting all the time… VPN used

1 Like

Try another VPN… Or try Shadowsocks + Proxifier. I did the latter, which works quite well, and it’s cheaper. :sweat_smile:

Is this a new installation? Did you have it installed previously? Did it work before?

You can check your log files yourself for errors, they’re in the ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus/Logs directory. Otherwise, please submit your logs using the built-in error reporting feature.

The update went through fine as it said successful but I waited and waited for the restart of 1.3 which didn’t happen after like 15 minutes. I rebooted computer and clicked on the desktop icon but still the program never launched. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Daedalus 1.3 and still the program will not launch. If it does eventually launch for me then I’m going to have to do a restore of my wallet with 12 words.

For help with this (or any) problem you should start a new topic in Community Technical Support.

1 Like

What irks me a bit is the fact, that they can’t just state that clearly and unambiguously (e.g. linux version will be ready on release 1.4).
As a customer I would not accept that communication approach, in this case though beggars can’t be choosers.