Daedalus 5.0.0 update available

Since yesterday, the Daedalus update to version 5.0.0 is available:

Observe that older versions will stop working with the Vasil hard fork on 2022-09-22. You have to upgrade to use Daedalus after that date.

3 Likes

Safest way to upgrade Daedalus is from within Daedalus.

1 Like

I upgraded to 5.0.0 this morning; previously running 4.11.0. It has been about 7.5 hours and “Replaying ledger from on-disk blockchain” is at 75%. Is this normal behavior?

Update: the process completed after about 12 hours. My wallet is now visible and accurate.

2 Likes

Has there been update for Daedalus flight 4-11-0 ? I have been using Daedalus flight as it opens wallet faster than the main Daedalus, since the vasil upgrade wallet will not pass 52% replaying ledger from on-disk ledger, the other two show 100%. I don’t see any alert in Daedalus wallet at top right alerting you to an update, so why won’t my wallet not go past 52% replaying ledger from on-disk ledger now?

No, Daedalus Flight is discontinued and no longer gets updates.

That must have been a coincidence, though. Flight got basically the same code as main Daedalus, only a little earlier … sometimes.

The old Daedalus Flight cannot work post Vasil, since it contains an old cardano-node version.

You have to switch to main.

Thanks for reply, I have opened my old Daedalus this afternoon with flight not working, updated the version to the latest its now on 88.4% after 6 hours, so will leave it on overnight and hopefully it will fully sync by then, I assume once its totally synced it will open much quicker after initial full sync.
Cheers Dave

1 Like

For what it’s worth: I was also using Daedalus Flight and procrastinated the update until now.

Since I did not want to download the whole chain again, I installed Daedalus 5.0.0, moved the few files installed into .local/share/Daedalus/mainnet/ into .local/share/Daedalus/mainnet_flight/, removed the empty directories in .local/share/Daedalus/mainnet/, and finally renamed .local/share/Daedalus/mainnet_flight/ into .local/share/Daedalus/mainnet/.

It is now replaying the ledger and looks good so far.