Daedalus Wallet Stuck on "Connecting to Network"

Do you have to install new update or shouldn’t it just update on its own? I’m on WiFi, have windows 7 and am stuck at connecting to network too. I disabled my antivirus from Microsoft Windows defender so I could launch Daedalus previously and it synched slowly but it synched. Now it doesn’t move!

hello difeclice… can you teach me how to open port 8090?.. i have the same problem with cardano wallet

thank you in advance

I am now totally infuriated with this useless Daedalus wallet!!!

In the past if I got stuck on the ‘connecting to network’ I could just leave my Mac running overnight and it would eventually sync up and everything would be fine. (Clock timings were never an issue)

But ever since updating to the latest version its permanently stuck on ‘connecting to network’ its like it just gives up after a few minutes. Leaving overnight does nothing. My connecting is a solid fiber internet connection, no ports blocked.

For a crypto thats currently in the top 10 marketcaps of all cryptos, this is just an utter embarrassment of a wallet, I can no longer access my funds, please sort this horrible mess of a wallet out already Cardano team!!

1 Like

Hello @Arksun76
If it’s still stuck, close Daedalus then relaunch it. It worked for me. Otherwise restarting your Mac usually does the trick.
If you keep having this problem, then it must be something in your set-up, I would recommend to email the Support Team with as many details as possible by clicking at the bottom of this page https://daedaluswallet.io/faq/

1 Like

Did you try:

Close Daedalus.
Open a terminal.
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Daedalus/Wallet-1.0
rm open.lock

This fixed the issue for me on a previous version on my Mac.

1 Like

@CosmosX Of course tried all that, nothing worked, internet connection rock solid, other crypto wallets like Nano wallet, Exodus etc all run beautifully on the same Mac no issues.

However…

@cdufour THANK YOU!! That finally did the trick those terminal commands. It showed my sync was down to 70% and quickly worked its way back up to 100% showing my balance.

But seriously guys… to make a crypto wallet work in 2018 we have to rummage through forums to find a post about inserting terminal command codes to get a wallet working!!! Cardano team must do better than this!!

3 Likes

Success! Happy that sorted the issue out. Thank @rickymac who provided this fix. Make sure you have the latest version. When I downloaded the newest version it fixed this issue for me.

1 Like

@cdufour It was downloading the very latest version that caused my wallet to get permanently stuck on ‘connecting to network’ ! The older one was fine, well, with that one I sometimes had to leave it running overnight but it did eventually work, this current latest mac version was just stuck constantly. Until I tried those terminal commands you suggest, so thank you again :slight_smile:

1 Like

At Input Output HK, we are currently updating the way our FAQ page works to make it easier to use. In the meantime, we are pleased to announce that there is now a PDF available for download on the https://daedaluswallet.io/faq/ page.

You’ll find answers to the latest FAQs ranging from Ada redemption, Daedalus installation, Daedalus connection, restoring wallets, syncing wallets, Ada transactions and more.

4 Likes

Thx for posting - did you have to restore with the seed words?

Woohoo! @markjenkins @Godspeed I did as you instructed and this worked. I found I had 1+gb *.LOG files and after deleting the whole folder after Uninstall, the new DL and re-install worked. The re-sync took a VERY VERY long time but it works now. Thank you a bunch!

1 Like

Thanks marklijenkins

I followed your process and it worked for me. Now, I can see my units in wallet. However, this is extremely lengthy process. You won’t believe me it took my approx 38 hours to finish this process. But eventually worked for me.

Thanks,
Paresh

I had same “connecting to network” issue. I reinstalled my wallet several times bit it did not work for me. Then, I delete my entire files from C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Daedalus. It took me approx. 6 hours to delete this file. Then, I reinstalled wallet and it took me 14 hours to installed and syncing. After syncing to restore my wallet from backup it took my 18 hours. This is extremely lengthy process but eventually worked for me. Now, I can see my units in wallet. I am using window 10. I moved my all units from this wallet.

Add same issue and the only way to fixed!

1. open C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Daedalus in file explorer
  2. move the subfolder /DB-1.0 to the new location or delete the DB-1.0 file
  3. Open Daedalus wallet let update the new Blocks it my take time! And it will work!
1 Like

It’s taken 4 days already

I have the same problem with 2.2.0.
Probably I did not close the app properly, just restarted Windows… and now it got stuck in Connecting to network…
Update
The solution was that restarted the machine again and wait for around 5 min…

1 Like

I followed the exact steps but it is still connecting to network. Can’t believe even to this day, there are issues with this wallet. Surprised to think I really found potential in this coin back in 2017-2018 and now when I want to access my coins then no support or help is to be found in this community. Have people moved on to Dogecoin or what?

I’m currently facing this same issue. I actually believe in this coins potential to invest back in 2017-2018 and now I cannot access my coins.

Use Yoroi, it doesn’t download the blockchain. Either as browser extension or on mobile.

2 Likes

First Deaedalus wallet install on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. I’m stuck at various intervals and slowly unstuck at 21 hours, 'Deaedalus is synchronizing with the Cardano blockchain, and the process is currently 95.00% complete".

With most tech stuff new and complicated…never stop at 40% 6 hours in and never restart.

Frustrating. However, not a deal breaker. Just hoping not to get, synchronizing with the Cardano blockchain error, at hour 26 hour???