Daedalus wallet

There’s supposed to be an update to the roadmap on Friday, I assume they will release an update to Daedauls soon to fix some of these bugs.

Yeah my wallet stays at connect to network indefinitely. Might be due to internet time auto sync? But would be great to have this fixed, whatever it is. Hopefully we can get access soon.

@Toddy I have already tried to sync the time.

am having same problem

Yeah this is a big issue, needs to be addressed as a priority. You can have the worlds best blockchain but if you can’t connect the wallet?

Synchronize Windows Time

Before launching your ADA wallet you should verify that your PC is getting its time from a reliable source:

NIST are usually the most accurate.

Steps:

• Click on Start button
  • Type “change time zone” in the search box
  • Click on result - Date and Time window will open
  • Select Internet time tab
  • Click on "Change settings” button to change your time server

Install as Administrator

Make sure you run the installer as administrator.

You can also safely run your wallet as an administrator by creating a shortcut to the

bat

file.

See this how to: Create a Shortcut Lets a Standard User Run An App as Administrator

Also please include what version of windows you are running:
Which Windows operating system am I running?

Cheers,

1 Like

Same here. Stuck at Syncing Blocks but wont go past a certain percentage. Cant access the wallet. Running Win 10 64. Edit: Time and date appear to be synced. Still no go

I just got home and tried Daedalus for the first time and it gets stuck at “connecting to network” issue, though if I use my vpn (to my work), and relaunch it starts to sync. Looks at least for me to be some sort of routing issue…

1 Like

Same issue here using windows 10, but it eventually opened after trying about 3-4 times.

Devs, is it possible that antivirus has flagged or quarantined some component of the wallet as a false positive preventing it from syncing? Just a shot in the dark.

Same problem…

another day later, and its now working at home, wahoo

Ok, got it working by deleting the DB-1.0 folder and restarting. All set now

I use a Mac and have not been able to open Daedalus for about three days. I have followed all of the instructions on the FAQ regarding time settings, I have completely deleted and reinstalled the wallet, I have sent logs to the company. Does anyone have any ideas?

@ryanlpwest Which OS are you running? Sometimes, simply restarting your computer helps. I also sometimes encounter difficulties launching Daedalus. I believe they are working on an update to fix it.

My advice, restart your computer, then open Terminal ( CMD+ SPACE BAR and type Terminal) as administrator and type the following:

open -a daedalus.app

Then press Enter

Let me know if it works, for me it did.

Thanks, CosmosX, for a quick response. I am running OS High Sierra version 10.13. I tried your suggestion but Daedalus is still stuck on “Connecting to network…”

I have tried restarting many times, and I followed their FAQ instructions regarding time settings. At this point I am compelled to try it on a different computer and recover my wallet there.

Have they stated when an update will be released for the wallet?

I have no idea. Maybe a competent dev like @jfonseca can help you.

Otherwise @jonmoss might be able to give us info on a potential Daedalus update ?

I can’t delete the db1, it kept saying the folder is open somewhere else… do you know why?

Make sure the Daedalus wallet is not running when you try to delete it

Maybe this will help IOHK statement: connecting to network issue

2 Likes