Determine the number of slots per KES period from the genesis file

Hi. I’m trying to Generating Keys for the Block-producing Node with the CoinCashew help. Both my nodes are up and running.
I’m trying to run the command in my production node, however the following command in the attached picture comes and I cannot see the startKesPeriod! I checked all my files and connections but since I’m new to this, I couldn’t figure this out!. I tried to follow other instructions in the forum, however couldn’t find the answer.

Please help me find this! Thanx

Screenshot from 2023-04-23 05-03-20|1000x400

and this is my running node on the production node

I also figured something else just now! after going through this for a while, somehow my socket file is not in db anymore!! I remember seeing it there but its not there anymore!

export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH=“$HOME/cardano-my-node/db/socket”

I have this at the end of the .bashrc file as well.

check inside start script where u set the location for socket file… check if it is there and adapt the path inside bashrc file if it is the case (probably better to use explicit path)

Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks Alexd! it worked for now!

Solution in this case: I checked both startCardanoNode.sh and cardano-node.service and the latter was empty. I coppied and pased the instruction in it and once more moved it to /etc/systemd/system/cardano-node.service, restarted the node again and waited for it to come up and then tried getting the slotNo, kesPeriod and startKesPeriod and thanks to you it worked.

Cheer

2 Likes