Published by the Cardano Foundation Community Team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates and events about the project and ecosystem!
If you are interested in receiving the Community Digest in the future directly via email, please sign-up here!
If you are unable to attend the Cardano Summit in Dubai in person, you can still participate by joining one of the 20+ local community events worldwide. Act quickly to secure a spot as seats are limited.
To reserve your spot, simply visit the Cardano Summit website, select your preferred event, and access all the necessary details. Don’t forget that the main stage event in Dubai will be live-streamed, allowing you to participate virtually!
The best part about these community-led events is that there is no admission fee! Attendance is entirely free, so choose the event that interests you and click the “Secure Your Spot” button to register. Let’s work together to make the Cardano Summit 2023 a tremendous success. We look forward to seeing you there!
We are pleased to announce that the first day of the much-awaited Cardano Summit 2023 has reached full capacity.
The registrations have been incredible, with tickets going faster than anticipated. Nonetheless, we recognize the tremendous excitement surrounding this event and the strong desire of numerous individuals to attend.
We’re excited to announce that due to overwhelming demand, we have allocated an additional 100 tickets exclusively for Day 1. To secure your tickets follow the following link: Summit Day 1 - Cardano Summit 2023
This app acts as the ultimate tool, enabling you to fully enjoy what the summit has to offer. With this application, you have the seamless ability to effortlessly participate in the LIVE- Stream, access a treasure of exclusive on-demand content, and interact/network with Cardano enthusiasts from around the globe.
Here are some additional features the App has in store for you:
- Personalize your agenda with the user-friendly agenda customization feature.
- Cultivate meaningful connections with fellow participants through an engaging networking platform.
- Stay in the loop with live alerts and timely reminders, ensuring you capture every memorable moment.
- Embark on a virtual exploration of sponsor booths, providing a comprehensive glimpse into the latest innovations and advancements.
For more information, and to download the app, visit:
Many have asked: How does the Cardano Foundation fit into the Cardano ecosystem?
Well… here is a recent video from Frederik Gregaard, CEO of the Cardano Foundation discussing how the Foundation fits into the different layers of the ecosystem, including how the foundation promotes decentralized technologies & increases blockchain utility. source
In this recent blog post from the Cardano Foundation we explore Cardano DApp development with Demeter, a pioneering platform simplifying the complexities of building on the Cardano blockchain. The blog highlights various ways how Demeter is empowering developers with its user-friendly environment, streamlining the deployment of testnet and mainnet applications.
To learn more about how this collaboration is helping to simplify DApp development on Cardano, read here the full blog post
Cardano Spot, the brand new official social media platform of Cardano has announced its participation to give a live on-the-scene reporting of the Cardano Summit 2023 in Dubai, one of the biggest blockchain events of the year. Cardano Spot will bring exclusive one-on-one interviews, insights, and vox pops on the latest initiatives directly to the global Cardano community.Through its live coverage of the Cardano Summit 2023, Cardano Spot aims to bring the excitement of the event to the community.
Cardano Spot Community Manager, Miguel Avila, will be on the ground in Dubai, anchoring live interviews with Cardano native projects and prominent community members. This unique opportunity will allow viewers to gain first-hand knowledge about the latest developments within the Cardano ecosystem, straight from experts and builders shaping its future. Register yourself to the livestream Here
- New Developer Blog: Lenfi Protocol
- The University of Edinburgh just released a blog post on the “Edinburgh Decentralisation Index (EDI)”. This project aims to define and measure blockchain decentralisation in a systematic way. source
- Anticipation is building for next week’s Cardano Summit 2023. A number of the event’s media partners, including U.Today and Blockzeit, have reported details of the event.
- The Cardano Foundation, IOG and EMURGO have approved a parameter change update, which sets the minPoolCost parameter from 340 to 170 ADA following an SPO Poll and a subsequent evaluation by the Parameter Committee.
- IOG recently announced hiring two former Algorand executives, Sean Ford and David Markley, to help to spearhead its new stablecoin-focused endeavor. Charles Hoskinson welcomed the pair and expressed his optimism for the project.
- Frederik Gregaard recently took to the stage at the Tbilisi Silk Road together with other panelists to discuss the “Role of blockchain in the digital financial infrastructure”.
- State of the Cardano Developer Ecosystem - 2023 Report
- IOG announces newly created spinout company focused on the stablecoin space
Below are the most engaging topics on Reddit
- Can someone catch me up on Cardano?
- Well this looks promissing if it is to be believed.
- IOG is today announcing two new senior hires to form a new stablecoin venture - IoHK Twitter
- Did you know Cryptocurrencies are being adopted as money in Lebanon, not by the government but by businesses and the population as a way to survive the current currency crisis the country is experiencing? Learn more in this post.
- Minswap Stableswap: An introduction to Stableswaps and Cardano Stablecoins
- Happy Epochs End - 444!
- Stablecoins situation on Cardano
- New York City! We’ll be hosting the New York portion of the 2023 Cardano Summit in conjunction with The Cardano Foundation. Come dressed up for Halloween and learn about the latest projects. https://www.meetup.com/nyc-cardano-blockchain-group/events/296581001
- CardanoISPO is shutting down
- Shoutout to CF for changing the subreddit rules
Topics that have received the most clicks from external sources. (last 10 Days)
- PCP_utxoCostPerByte_ShawnMcMurdo 235
- Cardano staking comparison 190
- Unable to move ADA after retiring the stake pool 130
- Catalyst Suggestions List 113
- What will Midnight be for Cardano? 109
- Oct 19, 2023 Voltaire era: Parameter committee intermediate state 98
- Catalyst Suggestion - Start a simple voter knowledge resource 70
- Catalyst Suggestion - Continue to open up the communication around product planning, discussions, decision making, preferences & future intentions 65
- Catalyst Suggestion - Start discussing a contributor focussed disbursement process 59
- Catalyst Suggestion - Change or remove community review process 55
Other meetups around the world:
- 09 September 2023|The First Cardano Meetup In Wales More Info
- 28 September 2023|Rudy Shoushany, DxTalks, MENA and Cardano. More info
- 04 October 2023|Update on the Pacific Town Hall on October 4, 2023 More Info
- 21 October 2023|Cardano Ghana Community Meetup #2 More Info
- 25 October 2023|Catch the interview with Frederik Gregaard CEO of Cardano Foundation lebanon (Part 2) More Info
- 26 October 2023|More content for October from Learn Cardano. More Info
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers to not only collaborate on projects but also to showcase their works.
With the vision of evolving into a reliable resource, the Developer Portal aims to serve as a go-to destination where users can discover tools to meet their specific requirements.
Furthermore, community projects currently operational on the mainnet are warmly encouraged to integrate their initiatives into the Developer Portal.
- Finitum Bridge: Move supported tokens cross-chain, from BSC to Cardano and vice versa.
- Building On Cardano: Place to view whats happening within the cardano ecosystem.
We value your feedback and would love to learn how you experienced reading our Community Digest. Please take a few seconds to provide feedback:
Many thanks and greetings from the Community Team!