Published by the Cardano Foundation Community Team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates and events about the project and ecosystem!
If you are interested in receiving the Community Digest in the future directly via email, please sign-up here!
Get ready for awesome fun at the Cardano Summit 2023 with our community-led events hosted by passionate community members! These events are all about the Cardano community coming together to showcase local projects and have a blast.
We’re taking the Summit beyond borders with over 20 community-led events happening worldwide. So no matter where you are, you can join in the excitement! Connect, learn, and get inspired by the fantastic endeavors our Cardano community is undertaking.
To secure your spot, visit the Cardano Summit website, click on the event you want to attend and find out all the details. And remember, we’re live-streaming the main stage event in Dubai, so you can be a part of it virtually!
The best part of the community-led events is that there is no admission fee! Attending the events will be free, so pick the one you fancy and hit that “Secure Your Spot” button to register. Let’s make the Cardano Summit 2023 a huge success. See you there!
On Jul 19, the Cardano Foundation announced the successful completion of the stake pool redelegation process for its wallets.
In this latest round, 302 valid applications were received, each rigorously evaluated with meticulous attention. The evaluation revealed an impressive array of contributions, ranging from builder tools, open-source and closed-source projects, numerous pull requests, CIP contributions, educational content, and thriving project communities that have played a pivotal role in fostering the growth of the Cardano Community.
141 pools received an honorable mention for their contributions. Among the applications, 60 pools were distinguished for their exceptional contributions, and 45 were selected through a random draw. Congratulations to all participants! For more information and a detailed overview of all the mentioned pools, read here.
Since the exciting announcement of Mithril in 2022, the stake pool operators’ community has eagerly awaited its release. Well, the wait is almost over! IOG recently confirmed that Mithril’s launch on the mainnet is just around the corner, and the buzz is building up.
So, what’s Mithril all about? It’s a groundbreaking stake-based signature scheme and protocol designed to supercharge the speed and efficiency of nodes’ syncing times. With Mithril in action, node syncing will be faster and more efficient than ever, bringing a new level of security and decentralized decision-making to the community.
For those eager to dive deeper into the technical details, check out the recent blog post from IOG, where you’ll find all the juicy information about Mithril and what it means for the Cardano ecosystem.
- Minutes from the Parameter Committee meeting that took the recent SPO vote as input to discuss parameters on cardano They are making the recommendation to change one parameter at a time. The current recommendation is:
1 - Reduce fixed fee to 170 ADA (currently 340 ADA)
2 - Keep k=500
- Cardano nears a significant milestone with the advancement of CIP-1694. The proposal has garnered global attention, and extensive discussions involving over 1,000 community members have taken place to ensure alignment with the Cardano community. The proposal for the Minimum Viable Governance (MVG) framework will soon be available for voting to all ADA holders, providing opportunities for community engagement and shaping the governance mechanism.
- In a recent video, Hoskinson stated that ADA is significantly more decentralised than other cryptocurrencies. He believes that the Cardano Improvement Proposal (CIP-1694) will be a game-changer in the decentralisation debate, allowing the community to have a final say in the network’s governance.
- Announcement of Riz Pabani, Partnerships Manager at the Foundation, as a speaker for the panel “Decentralized Finance (DeFi) and Regenerative Finance (ReFi)” at the Global Blockchain Congress on 25 July.
- Update from Anzens about the USDA stable coin
- News about a very promising fiat-backed Stablecoin coming to Cardano - USDM
- Boosting Cardano’s Interoperability: Nomos’ Cross-Chain Solution
- The Cardano Foundation announced that Nucast and NKMR will be the technical collaborators for building ticketing solutions for the upcoming Cardano Summit 2023. Nucast.io is a content streaming platform on Cardano, and NMKR enables NFT creation and sales on personal websites.
Below are the most engaging topics on Reddit
- Saw my coworker wearing this backpack yesterday.
- Cardano Poised for Success: Ripple Case & Coinbase’s Legal Battle Provide Positive Outlook
- Cardano Witnesses Surge in Trading Volume and Market Cap, Reflecting Growing Investor Confidence
- Cardano TVL growth comparison
- Great Momentum and Growing Up
- Partnership to benefit Cardano Decentralized Finance
- Can we make SHEN holding more attractive?
- Catalyst voting is such a black box! How can you even trust it?!
- IOHK’s Lace Wallet - Development continues: Keystone’s Hardware Wallet Proposal
- What’s the best Defi play in cardano rn?
Topics that have received the most clicks from external sources. (last 10 Days)
Other meetups around the world:
|* 24 June 2023||[RECAP] Casual Cardano Community Meet-Up in Berlin [24.06.23] More Info|
|* 28 June 2023||MENA Virtual Workshop CIP1694 - June 2023. More Info|
|* 28 June 2023||Pacific Town Hall - June 14 and June 28, 2023 More Info|
|* 1 July 2023||Cardano CIP-1694 Community Workshop (Nalerigu-Ghana) More Info|
|* 19 July 2023||UZH + Cardano Foundation meetup. More Info|
Are you interested in attending CIP editor meetings? Join the Discord channel to learn more about this interesting community where ideas and recommended changes are all discussed.
What happened in CIPs last week? (by @RyanW)
- CIP-68 | Add Royalty Support [Proposal Update]:
- This addition to CIP-68, introduces another metadata standard to support Royalty tokens.
- CIP-??? | Governance Metadata [New Proposal]:
- This proposal aims to define the metadata that should be attached to governance transactions.
- Whilst the design is CIP-1694 agnostic, it is intended to be move to active along CIP-1694.
- CIP Editor Nomination | Adam Dean
- We have a new CIP editor application from Adam Dean (@Crypto2099).
- CIP-0093? | Authenticated Web3 HTTP requests:
- Outlines a conventional structure for data payloads that are signed by wallets, which can be used by dApp servers to authenticate user requests.
- CIP-0079 | Implement Ouroboros Leios to increase Cardano throughput:
- This proposes the next evolution of Ouroboros being implemented in Cardano.
- CIP-0046? | Merkelised Plutus Scripts:
- This proposal suggests changing how scripts are hashed, from hash of it’s serialisation to a hash of it’s immediate children’s hashes, forming a Merkle Tree from the AST.
- This interesting proposal!
- CIP-0045? | Decentralized WebRTC dApp-Wallet Communication:
- This proposal describes a decentralized communication method between dApps and wallets based on WebTorrent trackers and WebRTC.
- This proposal has seen some recent developments.
- CIP Editors Meeting #70:
- July 25th 3pm UTC.
- Held on CIP Discord.
- Agenda TBC (please suggest items over Discord).
Weekly CIP updates can be followed here.
Below you will discover a selection of Catalyst proposals originating from various community members, which have piqued our interest. Please note that by featuring these proposals in our Community Digest, we are not expressing explicit support for any single proposal. We strongly encourage each voter to conduct their own due diligence before making any voting decisions.
Proposal #1: Documentary “We are changing the world”: Cardano Developers Stories. by Individuo Digital, Cardano Ambassador
The Cardano community is transforming the world through its developers, yet much of their work remains unseen outside our community. Introducing a groundbreaking documentary series that tells the story behind Cardano and its developers’ ecosystem.
Challenge: Share Cardano’s developers’ ecosystem stories with the world through film and streaming. Generate adoption, motivate more developers to join Cardano, and demonstrate its life-transforming potential. Opportunities: Blockchain and Cardano are in early stages, knowledge limited to niches. Cinematic storytelling makes technology relatable. Monthly episodes dive into Cardano developers’ stories, bringing the community closer. Showcase transformative power of this abstract tool.Read More
Proposal #2: Creating a more equitable and economically rewarding recruiting ecosystem for Job seekers and employers by Hassan Michael, Cardano Ambassador
In online recruiting, job seekers’ private information and career credentials are economic commodities that Big Data aggregators exploit - making it expensive and inefficient for employers. Despite the talents’ career credentials underpinning the entire recruiting business model, data aggregators do not grant talents any significant control or ownership of their career profile. Big Data recruiting firms maximize their profit without financially rewarding the talents. The online recruiting sector is deeply flawed, with the only real winners being the Big Data aggregators. Using decentralized identity infrastructure to enable job seekers to own and self-manage their career profile unilaterally removes middlemen - which increases efficiencies and frees economic resources for sharing. Atala Prism infrastructure makes this solution possible. Read More
Proposal #3: Scale-up Catalyst Campus Train by Mohammed Mustapha Yakubu, Cardano Ambassador
The proposal is submitted to the Startups & Onboarding for students’ challenge and it seeks to organize five intensive campus events to educate and onboard 300+ students and student entrepreneurs to leverage Cardano’s Project Catalyst for innovation; to ignite and grow their startup ideas. The project will span for five months from November 2023 to February 2024 and will engage five University campuses such as CKT University for Technology and Applied Sciences (CKT UTAS), Tamale College of Education (TACE), University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR), Kumasi Technical University (KTU) and University of Cape Coast (UCC) in Ghana, targeting at least 50-70 students from each campus. At end of project, 300+ students and young entrepreneurs will be onboarded to Cardano’s Project Catalyst to build on Cardano and grow ideas. Read More
Proposal #4: Cardano developer courseware in Universities by Tien Nguyen Anh, Cardano Ambassador
We aim to create 02 coursewares: Fundamental blockchain and Cardano Blockchain for developers then we will implement these curriculums in the classroom as mainstream subjects in Universities. Read More
Proposal #5: Cardano Over Coffee - Brewing Success for the Cardano Community by Empowering SPOs and Builders by Brian Dill - @cryptocollector, Cardano Ambassador
SPOs & builders in Cardano struggle with marketing and outreach, and social media engagement is short-lived, making it difficult to keep up with the latest news, project developments, and innovations. Cardano Over Coffee is a well-established Twitter space aiming to provide value to the community through engaging and educational content that facilitates awareness, and collaborative relationships. Our team of seven highly experienced individuals has been actively contributing to the Cardano ecosystem for several years, and conducted 700+ interviews in the past two years, In order to expand our reach we are requesting ₳333,333 from Project Catalyst to enhance our content offerings to engage SPO/ADA communities more effectively, reach new audiences through podcasts, newsletters, and websites, & provide dedicated support for Catalyst projects. Read More
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers who are dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers to not only collaborate on projects but also to showcase their works.
The Developer Portal aspires to become a credible source where users can search for tools to fit their needs.
Community projects already running on mainnet are encouraged to add their projects to the Developer Portal.
- NFT Vending Machine: A simple CNFT mint-and-vend machine Python library that leverages cardano-cli and Blockfrost.
- Summon Platform: A DAO creation and governance platform on the Cardano blockchain.
- BALANCE: A Cardano Blockchain Research & Analytics Provider…
We value your feedback, and would love to learn how you experienced reading our Community Digest. Please take a few seconds to provide feedback:
Many thanks, and greetings from the Community Team!