Do It With Lovelace: A Simple Platform for Donations on Cardano

Project introduction
Name: Do It With Lovelace
Description:A simple and user-friendly platform for donations in the Cardano ecosystem.

We are looking for community feedback and ideas for the beta release
Reason:

Hello everyone,

I’m thrilled to introduce my solo project to the Cardano community: Do It With Lovelace. This platform was born out of a need for a simple and efficient way to make donations on the Cardano ecosystem. While there are some Catalyst projects that touch on this topic, I found them to be overcomplicated and unfinished. That’s why I decided to create Do It With Lovelace - a user-friendly platform that allows users to fundraise and donate with ease.

The current version is still in alpha, but I see a lot of potential for growth and expansion in multiple directions. That’s why I’m asking the community for feedback - I’d love for you to help me do a SWOT analysis and give me your ideas for the beta release. Together, we can build a donation platform that truly empowers users to create positive change in the world. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your feedback!

1 Like

hey @Juantxuthree

This sounds really interesting. I will check it out later today.

Cheers
Fabian

1 Like

hi @Zyroxa

Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear that you find it interesting and I hope you will enjoy exploring it later today.

BR
Juan

1 Like

Donations to who or what? At the moment, it just looks like it’s using AdaPay’s form. No receive address to confirm receipt to organisation. No method to add new organisation except through email?
Nice try. Really basic.

1 Like

Thank you for your time and feedback. I’ve studied ADAPay, and I believe it’s more business-oriented. Companies can register and add ADA as a payment method, and its main functionality is focused on transactions.

Anyone can join and open an account on Do It With Lovelace, becoming a donor or donee. I wrote a specification for authentication as a CIP, which you can find here: CIP-???? | Authenticated Web3 HTTP requests by jmagan · Pull Request #442 · cardano-foundation/CIPs · GitHub. Additionally, I’m contributing to the Cardano community with simple web3 standards and templates to make it easier to develop on Cardano.

From your feedback and other comments, I realized that I need a landing page with more instructions and clarifications on how it works. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

Initially, there are three potential use cases for the current implementation:

1. Developers, CIP editors, charity organizations, and open source projects looking to be funded, supported, and rewarded for their actions.
  2. Use it as a tip jar for people who do requested work on forums, Reddit, etc. and help track their portfolios through reviews and comments from requesters.
  3. SPOs who want to make their contributions more visible to the community.

I started with a simple MVP because I want to make features that are community-oriented. I’m doing this in my free time, and it’s not a monetized platform because I want to provide something useful and valuable to the community. So, thank you again for your feedback. I’m going to work on creating a good landing page.

1 Like

Thank you for greater detail.
I’ll keep an eye on it. Cheers

1 Like

Hello everybody, I’m happy to share with you the new landing page: https://app.doitwithlovelace.io/