Error message, while installing dependencies to run the node

I,m not a developer.
When I tried to install the dependencies by following the tutorial video, an error message(invalid option – ‘y’) recieved while executing the below mentioned code.
sudo install systemd-devel ncurses-devel ncurses-compat-libs which jq openssl-devel lmdb-devel -y

Could anyone please help me out?

There is probably an apt or apt-get missing between sudo and install. install is a different command. You want to install some packages with your distribution’s package manager. And that is apt or apt-get. (Not really a Cardano question, by the way.)

You don’t have to be a developer, but it would be good to learn some things about Linux and your distribution in addition to understanding what the Cardano things do.

2 Likes

Which tutotial video?

I’ve found the coincashew guide reliable Guide: How to Set Up a Cardano Stake Pool - CoinCashew

1 Like

Try typing it manually, I think all that’s wrong is a copy-paste with an extra space between “-” and “y”.

1 Like

Hey Neeraj, was their comments helpful? Did that make sense? You were missing the installer command - in Ubuntu or similar distros, it would be:

sudo apt-get install …

It would help to know which version of Linux you are using.

1 Like

actually ‘yum’ was missing in between sudo and install. Thanks a lot for your response. I have one more doubt, I’m done with the further steps. Which is the latest version of Cardano-node to be installed/configured.

Installing cardano-node - Stake pool course. This is the link to the course.

yum was missing in between sudo and install. Thanks for ur response. Which is the latest version of the Cardano-node, that has to be installed?

Yeah, their comment was really helpful and I moved further installing the Cardano node. Which is the newest version of Cardano-node that has to be installed/configured?

Latest version is 1.35.3.

1 Like

I red that there were some issue in installing and running 1.35.3. Is it ok, if I proceed with this version of Cardano-node?

1.35.3 is good to go and is running on all pools now and latest Daedalus.

2 Likes

after excepting the code ’ git fetch --all --recurse-submodules --tags’ and ‘git tag’ its showing like this.
1.35.0-rc4
1.35.3-configs
1.35.3-rc1
1.35.3-testnetonly
alonzo-blue1.0
alonzo-blue2.0
alonzo-purple-1.0
alonzo-purple-1.0.1
alonzo-purple-1.0.2
alonzo-white-1.0
alonzo-white-1.1
alonzo-white-1.2
alonzo-white-1.3
alonzo-white-1.4
alonzo-white-1.4.1
backport-2b1d18c
bar
do-not-use-3
docker-restore-10x-2
foo-sam
list
node-qa-1.0
patch-cardano-ping-fix
pioneer
pioneer-1
pioneer-2
pioneer-3
pioneer-4
pioneer-5
pioneer-new-address
pioneer-wave2
shwow
test-tag
vasil-testnet-v1
workbench-genesis-0
(END)

I’m not able to execute the code further. Could you please tell what should I need to do

Next step would be to git checkout 1.35.3.

If you are just not able to quit the pager – the thing showing you just one screen of output if the output would be more than one screen – just hit q for “quit”.

1 Like

im really new with the softwares, but i started learning now. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Now I have installed the node. but when I run the following codes, it shows error that the directory is not correct.

cp -p “$(./scripts/bin-path.sh cardano-node)” ~/.local/bin/
jq: error: Could not open file dist-newstyle/cache/plan.json: No such file or directory
Error: cardano-node not built
cp: cannot stat ‘’: No such file or directory

cp -p “$(./scripts/bin-path.sh cardano-cli)” ~/.local/bin/
jq: error: Could not open file dist-newstyle/cache/plan.json: No such file or directory
Error: cardano-cli not built
cp: cannot stat ‘’: No such file or directory

There has to be an error and the programs were not actually built.

1 Like

what is the solution that u can suggest. Actually there were no errors while I gave the comment ‘cabal build all’.

yeah ur right.

Error: cabal: Could not resolve dependencies:
[__0] trying: cardano-crypto-class-2.0.0 (user goal)
[__1] rejecting: cardano-crypto-class:+secp256k1-support (conflict: pkg-config
package libsecp256k1-any, not found in the pkg-config database)
[__1] rejecting: cardano-crypto-class:-secp256k1-support (manual flag can only
be changed explicitly)
[__1] fail (backjumping, conflict set: cardano-crypto-class,
cardano-crypto-class:secp256k1-support)
After searching the rest of the dependency tree exhaustively, these were the
goals I’ve had most trouble fulfilling: cardano-crypto-class,
cardano-crypto-class:secp256k1-support

Did you do all the library installation steps before that? Especially “Installing Secp256k1”?

Depending on what you want to do: You know that you can just download the compiled binaries, don’t you?
https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-node/releases/tag/1.35.3

2 Likes