Error sending the signed transaction to the mainnet

Currently at the end of step 11 on CoinCashew guide:

cardano-cli transaction submit
–tx-file /home/jack/tx.signed
–mainnet

giving me the following error message:

Command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError ShelleyBasedEraAlonzo (ApplyTxError [UtxowFailure (WrappedShelleyEraFailure (UtxoFailure (OutsideValidityIntervalUTxO (ValidityInterval {invalidBefore = SNothing, invalidHereafter = SJust (SlotNo 10000)}) (SlotNo 45651088))))])

The transaction was signed by the offline machine and transfered back via USB. The original transaction input was the following:

cardano-cli transaction build-raw ${tx_in} --tx-out $(cat /home/jack/cardano-my-node/payment.addr)+${txOut} --invalid-hereafter $(( ${currentSlot} + 10000)) --fee ${fee} --certificate-file /home/jack/cardano-my-node/stake.cert --out-file tx.raw

I only have 36 ADA sent to the address currently, would this be the issue? Do I need the full 500 in there during this step? Also, I think I need to change my port forwarding, as the my relay is getting both peers in/out but BP is only getting 1 peer out (which is my relay). I’ve read that BP’s should have both 1 in & 1 out. So this could also be my issue. Any thoughts? So close to getting this thing running!

P.S. what do you guys do with the old “tx.signed” and “tx.raw” files? Do you delete them after use or save them in a folder?

Hi,

If step 11 is “11. Register your stake address”, then you don’t need to have 500 at that point. Based on your error text, seems you try to send transaction which are valid till slot 10000, but at that point it is already 45651088.

Just check what is inside ${currentSlot} variable with echo $currentSlot, I’m pretty sure it will be 0.

Regarding peers, yes your BP should get incoming connection from relays and outgoing too, make sure that topology file of relays contains BP’s IP. You can check with netstat command on BP netstat -n -a | grep 3001. It should show one connection to/from each relay.

I personally just delete old tx files.

1 Like