Faucet for testnet

Hi there,

I’ve just setup a testnet and would like to get some ADA from the testnet faucet to write some transactions with on the testnet. However, I have followed the links for the web faucet but it seems to be removed. Whats a good way to get faucet funds for testing?

Thanks for your help!

S.

OK cool I found the link to faucet: https://developers.cardano.org/en/testnets/cardano/tools/faucet/

Hey! I am in the process of setting up a node on testnet as well. And I am stuck at the faucet part- I generated payment address and requested funds from the faucet with success. However, when I query the utxo, I do not see any funds. Have given it a shot twice now. Are you facing any similar issues?

Yeah I didn’t see them at first because it gave a wrong era message. Then I altered the query to this:

cardano-cli query utxo --allegra-era --address $(cat payment.addr) --testnet-magic 1097911063

And I was able to see the funds from the faucet. Not sure why this is happening. Is the testnet-magic that I am using is in the wrong era?

S.

I got an error using --allegra-era . When i switched to --shelley no error but no balance. Have you had any success with this? if so can you please tell me what you did.

You should be seeing the balance using the --allegra-era. If the UXTO is totally blank then the funds need to be added first.

S.

Hi, my nodes are on testnet too.
Please check my recent post here, you can receive 100m testnet ADA. Just fill the form and wait couple of days :wink: