Hello! Long time investor/lurker/dev, want to start building

Here’s today’s version of my origin story…

I’ve been following Cardano since I think 2017? I was interested first because of the Haskell + the promise of scientific foundations. I thought I would hedge my bets: IOTA (remember IOTA!?) sounded groundbreaking and potentially huge but was jumping into an implementation with no solid proof it would work, whereas Cardano sounded like a slow, conservative bet that this crypto thing is hard to get right and depends on non-obvious details.

Turns out it was/is hard. I’ve gotten gradually more and more confident in Cardano over time as it/you/they keep doing hard, impressive things: first the ITN and stake pools, then plutus contracts, scaling in progress, and other general advances like Mythril and DIDs.

Then this past year 3 things happened: the vegan cheese startup I was working for ran out of money, I became more uncomfortable with how dystopian the political + tech landscape is these days, and IOG committed to real decentralized governance on a timeline.

Put those together and it seems like a great time to reinvent myself as a crypto dev, and try to reinvent the world with you all! I’ll be at the constitution workshop this weekend in Lisbon, trying for a Catalyst fund13 grant, and probably getting on social media now that it’s important enough to overcome my dislike of the dystopian parts.

5 Likes

Welcome! Always glad to see another dev entering the ecosystem :slight_smile: Sounds like you’re probably already plugged in to the community, but feel free to reach out if you have any questions during your journey.

That’s a sentence that I didn’t think I was going to read tonight. :joy:

It’s great to people like yourself, with a genuine passion for both tech and the community, diving in to build and contribute. :clap:

So, are you already versed in developing on Cardano?