How do I log out from Yoroi...on Google Chrome?

I installed ADA on Nano S. When I connect to Yoroi using Nano S wallet, it works fine. I can send and receive ADA crypto. But how do I log out from Yoroi when I am done. After I disconnect my Nano S wallet, I can still able to get to Yoroi without connecting to the Nano S wallet. I don’t understand it. Please help and/or advise.

You can view Yoroi without ledger connected, you simply cannot send any ( nor can any hackers) without your ledger and PIN number
You are safe! Try to send some without ledger and you will see.

1 Like

@ randalert - thank you very much for your advice. I was just a little concerned about that. I feel better now from your response.

Well, that’s all fine and dandy that it is secure, but the question still remains… How do you sign out? I have ADA in a different Yoroi from before it was Ledger Nano S compatible and I would like to move it, How do you change wallets?

Maybe i don’t have the exact answer you are looking for but this is an option:

You can login to Chrome/Brave with a different account (gmail in Chrome and “person” in Brave). The new account will have a “Fresh” instance of Yoroi extension where you can then setup a different wallet. You can then also switch back and forth between those 2 accounts to use different wallets.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes
this post of mine basically repeats what @singhverse already said. But kinda a waste to delete it.

If you are using Chrome or Brave browser, you can click on the circle beside the setting button on the top right of your window. That can switch your active user profile on the browser. Create another user profile on your browser and simply open the Yoroi extension using the new user profile. It should start a new wallet. Each user profile on the browser can have access to 1 Yoroi wallet each. It is also possible to have the same wallet in multiple profiles. You can switch profiles, and, in turn, Yoroi wallets, by choosing another profile from the profile drop-down menu on the top right of your window.

Currently, there is no method of logging out and switching wallets without removing and reinstalling the Yoroi extension itself.

1 Like

FIRST OF ALL, BE SURE TO HAVE A COPY OF YOUR SEED WORDS / RECOVERY PHRASE PROPERLY WRITTEN IN A SAFE PLACE BEFORE DOING THIS.

Then, on your browser, you can simply right click on the Yoroi icon and select ¨Remove form Chrome¨ and that’s it :wink:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Help me please with wallet

If you go to Settings, you can select “Remove Wallet” which will remove whatever wallet you have selected at the moment.