What happens if I delete the Chrome Yoroi Wallet extension?

Hi there,

I just installed the Chrome Yoroi Wallet extension and have two questions:

1. What happens after I delete the Chrome Yoroi Wallet extension? (I still have my wallet address and the 15 passphrase words.) Will all ADAs in my wallet be lost? Or can I just install the Yoroi Wallet at another Chrome browser, enter my wallet address and the passphrase and get access to my ADAS?

2. Can I have two Yoroi Wallet which contain the same wallet? (e. g. one in Chrome and one at my Android phone)

Thanks from a crypto newbie

1. What happens after I delete the Chrome Yoroi Wallet extension? (I still have my wallet address and the 15 passphrase words.) Will all ADAs in my wallet be lost? Or can I just install the Yoroi Wallet at another Chrome browser, enter my wallet address and the passphrase and get access to my ADAS?

Nothing, u will can restore the wallet using the 15 seed words everytime u will need. But before to delete the wallet first check if the seed words is correct (answer for question 2) by installing the yoroi on android or another device; (download only from official sources)

Open yoroi - add wallet (shelley era) - restore

Yes, u can use/restore same wallet on different devices

Thanks for your explanation, Alex! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Alexd1985

I have a Ledger Nano X, which, as you probably know, does not really “support” ADA; granted, Ledger wallets have a Cardano app, but one cannot really “send” their ADA to that app - hence the need for Yoroi. Anyway, after I got my Nano X, I wanted to get my ADA out of my Binance account, so I created a Yoroi wallet, which, by default, was identified as “Shelley - Ledger wallet.” With the word “Ledger” in it, I figured this was where my ADA should go, so I sent all my ADA from my Binance account to this “Ledger” wallet. Everything went just fine … except that I was never given any 15 seed words when I set up the “Shelley - Ledger wallet” or afterward, when I sent my ADA to it.

Now, the strange thing is that, a few days later, I was playing around in my Yoroi app, and realized that I could create a second wallet. I did so, and the one that got created was called “Shelley - Standard wallet” (I still have no idea what the difference is between the “Ledger” wallet and the “Standard” wallet) and when I did I was given 15 seed words. So, now I am wondering if I made a mistake storing my ADA on the “Shelley - Ledger wallet” (which I only did because it had the word “Ledger” in it) rather than in the “Standard” Yoroi wallet.

Any insights?

1 Like
  • Yoroi ledger wallet - it’s meaning your ada are stored on ledger… and u will don’t need a seed words when u will want to restore the yoroi wallet (u can check now if u connect the ledger on adalite.io - connect HW -webUSB ; u should see the funds/ADA to the balance)

To restore ledger on yoroi:

• open yoroi
  • add wallet (shelley era)
  • connect ledger

—————-

• Yoroi standar wallet it’s meaning that the ADA are on yoroi wallet and u will need the 15 seed words (generated when u created the wallet) everytime when u will restore the wallet; if u will lose the seed words u will can’t access the funds anymore

Thank you!!! I did what you said and ta-da, all my ADA was accounted for via the adalite wallet. It even showed all my ADA transactions.

Thank you!!! :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

1 Like