How To Change Pool Fee?

Is there a way to change pool fee without having to create an entirely new pool? I want to change my fee from 15% to 0%. My method would be the following:

cardano-cli stake-pool registration-certificate \
    --cold-verification-key-file $HOME/cold-keys/node.vkey \
    --vrf-verification-key-file vrf.vkey \
    --pool-pledge 100000000 \
    --pool-cost 0 \
    --pool-margin 0.00 \
    --pool-reward-account-verification-key-file stake.vkey \
    --pool-owner-stake-verification-key-file stake.vkey \
    --mainnet \
    --single-host-pool-relay <dns based relay, example ~ relaynode1.myadapoolnamerocks.com> \
    --pool-relay-port 6000 \
    --metadata-url <url where you uploaded poolMetaData.json> \
    --metadata-hash $(cat poolMetaDataHash.txt) \
    --out-file pool.cert

Move the new pool cert off the air gapped onto the hot machine. Delete the old pool.cert file and replace it with this one. Good to go?

Edit: my 2nd question was resolved.

This is a helpful guide https://www.coincashew.com/coins/overview-ada/guide-how-to-build-a-haskell-stakepool-node/18.-operational-and-maintenance-tips#18.4-changing-the-pledge-fee-margin-etc.

2 Likes

Jeremy coming through big time! Thank you this is exactly what I needed.

Edit: for anybody looking at this in the future, just do step 18.4, its really easy. Repeat every step like you did when initially setting up the pool (it wont pull any more fees from your wallet), just make sure your pledge and margin are changed to your preferred amounts. Everything else is the same. I did move my prior pool.cert, delag.cert, and prior tx files to a separate folder to prevent any confusion/overlap when generating the new ones. Good luck!

1 Like