How to clean up interrupted daedalus install

I have almost exactly this problem:

Except the error references a different file:

/nix/store/lpym10jsrl5bw27mqw7h2kl01ji06m84-installer/bin/installer: line 9: /nix/store/x8v935w8lg1wwdbal6316f4s9bx7lqn7-utils.sh: No such file or directory

What can I do to get a clean install? I imagine that the installer left some kind of reference to that file on my system, so I probably have to delete the reference, but I don’t know where it is (I didn’t find the cache file indicated in the link above)

Thanks for your help.

As a first step, I would recommend you to open a ticket at IOHK support for reporting.

In your case, the tmp folder prefix (path where dat would be extracted) seems to be missing, usually due to profile/mount permissions. Are you on telegram? If so, could you hit the community techsupport group - so that we can try to see the cause?

If not, a quick way to fix this is usually extracting the bin first. To do so:

1. Execute the below in a folder where you’d like the files to be extracted (updating the path and filename of the installer):

sh -x ~/Downloads/daedalus-0.14.0-cardano-sl-3.0.3-mainnet-x86_64-linux-7144.bin --extract

1. The above should create a dat folder and run file. Execute the run file after changing to the dat folder:

cd dat
…/run

1. This should setup the env make daedalus available to your path env variable via profile (to execute from ~/.local/bin).
2 Likes

That did the trick, thank you.

It was dumb of me to kill the installer, I thought it was stuck, but really I was just impatient.

1 Like

Nope its in parent folder of dat hence, the instructions say ../run (after cd into dat folder) :slight_smile:

Makes sense! Thanks for the clarification. I have deleted my comment as to not confuse others.

1 Like