How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

Check the topology file for Producer

Hello Alex,
I would like to add a website to my pool. I just updated the json metdata file on Github. Now, I believe we need to re-register the pool with CNTOOLS. If so, could you tell me the operating mode? Thanks in advance…

Hello,

Go to cntools - pool - modify if the pool is already registered

If not then register the pool- cntools - pool- register

Cheers,

Thanks again !

For Producer, topology json for this specific relay:

{
“Producers”: [
{
“addr”: “10.1.1.241”,
“port”: 6000,
“valency”: 1
}
]
}

In Relay topologyUpdater points to the Producer:

CUSTOM_PEERS=“10.1.1.240:6001”

sudo systemctl status cnode

Before I give up just one last question.
In the producer “telnet localhost 6001” will connect
but in the relay “telnet localhost 6000” will get connection refused. No matter if firewall is enabled or disabled. It seems that for some reason port 6000 is not accessible at all!
I have ubuntu server 20.04. Any thoughts?

In relay even after 1 hour when running gLiveView I get the messase:
Looks like cardano-node is running with socket-path as /opt/cardano/cnode/sockets/node0.socket, but the actual socket file does not exist.
This could occur if the node hasnt completed startup or if a second instance of node startup was attempted!

Hi Alex,
I just re-register my pool to add my website url (and also a new relay). Adapools seems to be seeing the new data, but I can’t find the link in Yoroi where delegates will be able to view my site… I missed something?

Yes, u need to use extended metadata

Check maybe u have a fw in cloud?

I added the Adapools key in my json file in github. I claimed my pool. It worked. My website is still N / A … Besides, I only see one of my 3 relays? I still hope they are active?

what is your ticker?

ticker : asgol

In adapools.org… I can’t see your social media details… if are not there. also in yoroi will not be visible… claim your pool go to metadata and check if both are ok.

cheers,

Alex,

I’m finally back at it again… failing on this step. Merge is failing. I already aborted and retried it… here are my results when I run the above command…

I just installed my node following this procedure and no issues, are u using linux ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04?

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi Alex,
My pool ASGOL is not registred on POOLTOOL and partially on ADAPOOL : my website doen’t appear.
I went on pool.vet. Here is the link : pool.vet - Cardano stake pool checker
I notice that:

• a hashcode must be updated
  • only 1 of my 3 relays is mentioned
    Could you help me to solve these 2 issues ?
    For the json extended metadata file, I think I understood : I’ll see after !

are u using cntools?

if yes go to cntools - pool - modify and add again the cost, pledge, margin, url for metadata, register the wallet and the relays… after u add 1st relay and port then press yes and add the 2nd one

Cheers,

Ok for POOLTOOL. For ADAPOOLS, it’s ok for the 3 relays. But the website is still invisible. Is’t because there is no extended metadata file ? If I add one on github, must I have to modify again the pool ?

Hi Alex,
I was too impatient … Everything fine and my website finally visible on Adapools ! Thks again for ur precious support and happy Easter ! Waiting now for my first block !!

1 Like