cnode[836507]: Failed to query protocol-parameters from node, not yet fully started?
Apr 12 17:16:52 ------ cnode[836590]: option –host-ipv6-addr: Failed to parse: ::/0. Use --host-addr to specify IPv4 adddress
do I have to pay attention to the separator : in the topology file when I insert the ipv6 address? because topologie.json uses the seperator “:” IPv6 addr notation use also : { “addr”: “2a0d::ada1:ada2:ada3:ada4”, }
Hi Alex,
so last time i was able to create the node but ./gLiveView.sh connected and synced to 99% but then disconnected and wasnt able to connect again…was only getting the 'stating…" label on gLive. I decided to nuke the server and restart all over.
My first test was to Telnet the server. I got the following:
guess i started with the connection this time.
i think google cloud doesnt allow direct connection from the internet?
Now question, I have BP node which is running since 3 days according to ./gLiveView.sh
But my relay node seems to restart every 6-8 hours, at least every time I check ./gLiveView.sh on relay I see Uptime somewhere between 1 and 8 hours. I was checking performance of the server and all looks good, no power downs or anything… Can you help me check where to look?
Also, a second smaller question, my BP has 1/1 peers, but my IN peer shows total 1 - unreachable 1 - is it ok for BP?
yes it’s fine, ICMP filtered (press I [info] in glive and you will found the reasson)
Now question, I have BP node which is running since 3 days according to ./gLiveView.sh
But my relay node seems to restart every 6-8 hours, at least every time I check ./gLiveView.sh on relay I see Uptime somewhere between 1 and 8 hours. I was checking performance of the server and all looks good, no power downs or anything… Can you help me check where to look?
your node is running as systemd? then you can check with journalctl -e -f -u cardano-node.service
or journalctl -e -f -u cnode.service
can u see something with kill? if yes this can be happen because of CPU or MEM…
what is the hw configuration for your relay? can you increase the HW?
Thank you, couldn’t find the way to check the logs:) so looks like it’s CPU?
/opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/cnode.sh: line 57: 124233 Killed cardano-node “{CPU_RUNTIME[@]}" run --topology "{TOPOLOGY}” --config “{CONFIG}" --database-path "{DB_DIR}” --socket-path "{CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH}" --port {CNODE_PORT} “${host_addr[@]}”
Quite strange as if I check server monitoring, CPU usage is never goes beyond 20%
I also found quite alarming logs, is this normal:
Apr 11 08:11:18 adarelay cnode[124429]: Failed to query protocol-parameters from node, not yet fully started?
Apr 11 08:11:18 adarelay cnode[124429]: WARN: A prior running Cardano node was not cleanly shutdown, socket file still exists. Cleaning up.
Apr 11 08:11:20 adarelay cnode[124522]: Listening on http://127.0.0.1:12798
Hello Alex,
Hope ur doing great. I am in the process of remodeling my new office. Once it’s all set up I’m planning on finishing up the Cardano Stake Pool.
Just thought I’d let you know in case you were wondering.
I was setting up a pool using this guide and somehow when I opened the SSH terminal it prompted me that there is an update to 1.26.1 and I have mistakenly pressed yes to update. I have already created a wallet and sent some funds to that wallet but I cannot access the cntools console anymore as it requires me to upgrade the cardano-node. I have access to all files in /priv/ folder but I don’t know how I can send funds from the wallet created for pool that I cannot access anymore. Do you have any suggestions of what I can do?
Thanks
I haven’t finished setting up the node yet and I was at step 5 (create a new wallet which latter will be associated to the pool) when I got the prompt to upgrade to 1.26.1 so I’m not sure if it will work
Thanks
Thanks @Alexd1985 for the guide! I have created a new wallet, also successfully imported [m] my Daedalus wallet. Right away (without send or make transaction) I use CNTOOLS [show wallet], I wee only partial of my balance shown in Daedalus. Do you know how to get the full balance? Also in your guide, if before importing the wallet had some balance, then one must do ‘send’ to that address again for it to show up on CNTOOLS. My question: is it sending to the self address (send addr = receive addr) using Daedalus?