Setting up CNTOOLS for the first time (no menu with ./cntools.sh)

I am trying to bring up the cntools.sh menu and it just shows me dev updates and thats it. I am trying to configure a hardware wallet, and cant figure out how to bring up the menu.

Okay I got the command ./cntools.sh -o to work. But Im wondering what do I set the pool name to in ENV?

is this just a folder name or is it important? Because my pool name is “🕱” and the ticker is SKULL

Press q to exit?

I got it to open with -O command. I noticed i didn’t have my VRF.VKEY in the folder. I am also not synced yet, I did a cncli.sh validate epoch test and told me im not synced.

im guessing hot.vkey skey = KES

** WARNING **
Pool 🕱 in need of KES key rotation
Keys expired! : 00:23:30 ago

press any key to proceed …

its saying my KES is expired … is it because im not fully synced?

>> POOL >> LIST

🕱
ID (hex) :
KES expiration date : ERROR - : failure during KES calculation for 🕱

press any key to proceed …

I have my block + relay in amazon aws

I’m setting up 2 at home right now, so I havent updated my pool.cert quite yet.

Yes, and because the node didn’t started as a BP yet

How do I download my Hardware wallet key? I have it setup in CNTOOLS and recognized

you will need to use cntools - wallet - import - hw wallet

or if you have the files already you can upload to the new server inside the priv/wallet/wallet_name/

I already imported the hw wallet, im trying to get the key to add to pool.cert

Okay I see where the files are thankyou

1 Like

Which one is it?

stake.vkey?

it’s not clear for me what you are trying to do :slight_smile:

because if u will use cntools you will not need anymore to create the transactions manually

cntools has the paths to all necessary files

you only must go to cntools - pool - modify and modify the pool parameters…

Well how does cntools create the pool.cert ? Normally I have to export some files >> to air gapped machine > and do commands to update pool.cert.

On my Amazon servers (current pool) my stake is a seed address. and I did it with coin cashew, so I am transitioning to cntools

Im trying to figure out this CNCLI stuff at the moment

https://cardano-community.github.io/guild-operators/Scripts/cncli/

These commands don’t do anything:

1. sudo systemctl start cnode-cncli-sync.service (starts leaderlog , validate & ptsendslots automatically)
  2. sudo systemctl start cnode-logmonitor.service
  3. sudo systemctl start cnode-cncli-ptsendtip.service ( optional but recommended )

Not exactly sure what this means

1. $CNODE_HOME/scripts/cncli.sh migrate <path> where is the location to the directory containing all blocks_.json files.

Well how does cntools create the pool.cert ? Normally I have to export some files >> to air gapped machine > and do commands to update pool.cert.

that’s why cntools is cool, it has the scripts behind (inside the code)

On my Amazon servers (current pool) my stake is a seed address. and I did it with coin cashew, so I am transitioning to cntools

ok, for that wallet you wiil need to create in priv/wallet/ another folder where you will copy the files from your old server (amazon)

What old files are you talking about? I copied my current kes, op.cert, vrf.vkey, etc. Do I need my air gapped files?

need to install the cncli

run again ./prereqs.sh -c (c=cncli)

should be in cd~/tmp (prereqs.sh script)

Okay all that stuff is running now, I forgot to run deploy-as-systemd.sh afterwards

Im at about 63% sync, what should I work on? in the interim?

This is different

1 Like

if you want to speed up the sync process you can download the db from your running node and upload to your local node

Once it is sync, is there any topology files i need to edit for block producer / relay.

How do I do a new pool cert / kes key