How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

this should be the config

port - ssh port
ip - server IP
username - username
key file - import the key file

yes, this is what I’ve been doing and I get this message Error: FATAL ERROR: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)
Error: Could not connect to server

did u imported the public keys on filezila?

But what application do u use to connect to the server? Replace ssh with sftp and u should be able to connect

Then use cd to navigate, get to download the files and put to upload the files

yes, I imported them they were in id_rsa format and file filezilla converted them to ppk I added them under edit settings.

I’ve tried Putty, snowflake and filezilla… none connect

U are using putty to connect to the servers, replace ssh with sftp

I’ve looked at a lot of videos and articles. I’m pretty sure that I’m doing it correctly. could it be something with root?

Root? U are trying to connect to root or to username?

that was it… I just get confused sometimes and forget which system I’m logging into… I’m still new at this. It’s funny how someone asking the proper questions like you did straightens me out. Thank you

1 Like

You don’t need to use root, better to disable ssh for root, use only the user created

Yes, I have it disabled. Thank you

1 Like

Yeah I’ve added the BP IP on the relays, I am noticing that the BP IP is on the IN peers but on the OUT peers the BP IP shows and sometimes disappears

thank you, just realized I set the port to the relay not the BP

1 Like

Unfortunately, it still says I’m on 1.27.0 when I run the version commands.

Not ok, can u copy the binari files from another node in case u updated at least one server with success?

I don’t have any server updated.

Type nano ${HOME}/.bashrc

and show me the last lines with export

This?

Keep only the last 2 lines, save the file, run

cd ~/tmp
./prereqs.sh

. "${HOME}/.bashrc"

If still not show 1.29.0 then try to build again the node