How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

yes 1.31.0

I have to make the second relay I will try to install the 1.30.1 and run the update.

no, just run the 1.31.0
type free -m and show me the output

$ free -m
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 30100 5448 24531 0 120 24344
Swap: 2047 0 2047

ok, more than enough :slight_smile:

SOCKET="/opt/cardano/cnode/sockets/node0.socket"

save the file and restart the node
sudo systemctl restart cnode
wait for the node to start and check again in glive

Did not work…

Now even tthis is not working!
cardano-cli query tip --mainnet

cardano-cli: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 11>: does not exist (No such file or directory)

Did you ever run this guide and install 1.31.0?

of course…

try sudo systemctl status cnode

Alex thank you very much for your time but it is to late for me I really need to stop now.
Your time is 2 am too ( you are in Romania) I live in Bulgaria.

1 Like

Hey Alex,

I have just imported my Daedalus wallet through CNTOOLS and I have even sent 2 ADA to the address provided.

My question is regarding whether or not to register my wallet, as shown in the image below:

What is this register for?

For delegation… I think it will do it automatically… is this a new wallet? You go to cntools wallet show and check the address (addr1…) then go to your wallet check if the address is present there… then send the ADA (in your wallet) to that wallet…

U restored in cntools the first wallet address only from the wallet

It’s a new wallet. I bred in Daedalus and imported with seeds. Before, the balance was zero, and after importing into cntools I sent 2 ADA for testing, and it worked.

Okay, I’m going to proceed with creating the Stake Pool and registering.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hey Alex…

The print is indicating that I will be leader of 3 slots in the next epoch, right? But still no guarantee of producing blocks? Is there anything I can/have to do or is it just a matter of waiting? Are the numbers good?

Hi,

Yes, 3 blocks were assigned to you…

• did u installed chrony?
  • check if the producer has IN/OUT peers
  • check if the producers has tx processed

IN/OUT pairs should be 3 each. I’m going to check one of the Relays.

Total TX is at Zero

I’m setting up Chrony today.

Any tips on total tx?

Perhaps tx=0 because the TraceMempool is set to false on configuration file (due to insuffiecient RAM)

I got it. So tx will always be 0 because TraceMempool is set to false? In fact I checked and TraceMempool is false in both Relays and Producer.

My producer has 32GB of RAM. Do you advise me to set it as true only on the producer? or regardless of that, will i be able to produce blocks?

If the producer has 32G of RAM yes, set the TraceMempool to true, save the file and restart the node

check again on glive

1 Like

Hey I was just reading through the guild operators and saw this :

######################################

User Variables - Change as desired

Common variables set in env file

######################################

#CPU_CORES=2 # Number of CPU cores cardano-node process has access to (please don’t set higher than physical core count, 2-4 recommended)

I don’t see this in the env file are do you know where I can go to change these defaults?