i manually uninstalled Daedalus. rebooted. then reinstalled to usb patriot 64gb stick. for some reason, that didn’t workout. the sync’ing was going to take days if ever. so something amiss with that stick or something.
the reason the uninstall.exe wasn’t found was due to Panda AV flagged it as a “trj/agent.jrm” virus. i saw that the second try at install so i turned off Panda AV, and the “uninstall.exe” was then present.
i cleaned up the registry of any “daedalus” identifiers, found an unused samsung 850 evo usb flash drive and installed the Daedalus app to it, used the bat files from that tutorial linked above, and started the daedalus.bat file as normal user. no gremlins this time. app started up, sync’d up in about 2 hours, and created an accnt wallet. i did have the Panda AV turned off but did have Malwarebytes running the entire time. i don’t use a firewall on my machines at home as all incoming/outgoing net traffic goes through one anyways.
no certain answer as to why i had such a hard time the first two installs, but that usb stick file system might have been bad/wrong for Daedalus, it was exFat, versus NTFS on the Evo 850, and i turned off the Panda AV.
for now, i just plugin the evo 850, execute a bat on the evo 850 to set the %appdata%, and then execute the daedalus.bat on the evo 850 and app pops right up and sync’s quick. so far, so good. so it does work with all of on an external drive. keeping my fingers crossed.
hope that helps a bit.