Re-install Daedalus wallet version 1.1.5813 on windows 10

I have Daedalus wallet version 1.1.5813 on my Windows 10 PC right now, I want to re-install version 1.1.5813 again - essentially install the same version again, do I need to first uninstall the wallet then re-install or can I just install the same version of Daedalus wallet 1.1.5813 on top without uninstalling the old wallet

1 Like
  1. Uninstall Daedalus using C:\\Program Files\Daedalus\uninstall.exe
  2. Open explorer and type %appdata% in the address bar at the top - it will open the user-specific Application Data folder
  3. Find Daedalus directory in there and delete it (may take few hours if you have full blockchain synced)
  4. Install Daedalus again. It should start “clean” like after first installation.
1 Like

I know if there is a newer version of Daedalus I can install it on top of the previous version without uninstalling. Can I do that if the versions are the same? Do I just press restore wallet after successfully installing Daedalus?

Thank you

Yes

But why would you even want to do that?

Yes

1 Like

I think there is an announcement that Cardano 1.2 is coming out in May also smart contract testnets are coming. Do you know the release date Cardano 1.2 and the testnets? There will probably be a newer version of Daedalus wallet coming out with the Cardano 1.2 release. I might want to wait for the newer version of Daedalus wallet and install in on top of the current version 1.1.5813

Thank you

You can do that.

~ second half of may

No dates yet, afaik

1 Like

Thank you for your timely response

Hi,
I have followed your instruction but when I tried to delete the Daedalus directory it says it can’t be done because the file or the folder is open in an other program and it asks me to close it…but I can’t find it .
Do you know what can I do?
Thank you