I lost my spending password and phrase seed

Hi
Unfortunately i lost my spending password and phrase seed on Yoroi Wallet
Please help me

1 Like

I wish I could, but there is no way :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Without the spending password nor the seedphrase its impossible to recover your funds. They are lost.

Im sorry for you.

2 Likes

Hi @arefd , I am so sorry to hear that. Hope that you write your seed phrase in a paper somewhere & could find it if possible. The spending password could be created again if you have the seed phrase.

1 Like

Try in yoroi more possible combinations, perhaps u will have luck
U never used the spending password?

1 Like

unfurtunately I don’t remember
I have MS and I forgot a bit

then u will need to find the 15 seed words… you have them somewhere because u couldn’t create the wallet without them (STEP 2 when u created the wallet was to write again the 15 seed words which were shown on STEP 1 to you).
So, check on your phone if u have a photo, check on papers, on email, etc

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder
I found the paper but didn’t write the words completely, only the first few letters of each word.
Does this help?

yes, it helps a lot, you will need only first 3 letters. so… check the words here and try to complete the words

then try to restore the wallet in yoroi and if it’s saying that the wallet already exist then u are lucky

3 Likes

Thanks a lot U r the best man
please tell me What should I do after checking?

first, find the 15 words… and then try to restore the wallet: go in yoroi -

• if it is a byron wallet then:

add wallet (byron erra) - restore - add the 15 words, wallet name and the spending password

• if its a shelley wallet then:
    add wallet (shelley era) - restore - add the 15 words, wallet name and the spending password

if you will receive a message like: the wallet already exist (or something like that) you can delete the wallet which is already in yoroi and try to restore again…

cheers,

1 Like

Unfurtunately i can’t find all the words :frowning_face:
But thanks a lot man :pray:

but u have 15 incomplete words on paper right?

1 Like

I Was written 14 words :pensive:

:frowning: then, if u can’t find the 15th word anywhere… do not delete the wallet from yoroi… just try to remember the password… maybe it’s a name in combination with birthday… etc

1 Like

You helped me a lot, man. I try to think more

2 Likes

Can you recall if you did this for a reason? Perhaps the 15th word was easy for you to remember? Anything at all like that?

Otherwise yes you are probably stuck with needing to know the password to decrypt the wallet. If you do figure out the 15th word, i suggest writing it down somewhere you will be able to recall, if you have memory difficulties.

Good luck.

If there’s really only the last word missing, then one could write a script to try all 2048 possible 15th words and check the derived addresses for activity. (If one of the other 14 words were missing, it still might be practical to try the 30,720 combinations.)

3 Likes

Is this the full list of the allowed words used in seed phrases?

Hey! Sadly I’m this scenario. Today I noticed I lost one word of my Yoroi seed (I think its the 15th)… I have experience in coding, however I have never interacted with any sort of blockchains. Do u have some suggestions to start hacking my own seed phrase? Some reference links would be helpful… Thanks a lot!